1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Desperate to find a good divorce lawyer in Hyderabad.

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by A9right, May 7, 2013.

1. A9right

A9right New IL'ite

Hi,

I am originally from Delhi and came to Hyderabad after marriage. The five year old marriage that I was in was very abusive - physically and mentally. I have had chronic pain in my neck and shoulders for three years and I have lost two jobs because of that. I did not want to seek help from my farher because my farher is dealing with cancer and is not well to take in this fight. My husband who was an investment banker never supported me with any money for medical treatments. He quit his job last year in October to go abroad for further studies. And he wants to end the marriage and doesn't want to give alimony.

I am desperate to find a good lawyer. Please help.

Regards,
    A

2. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

I do not know any lawyers but you can contact the women's organization that can assist you with finding a good attorney.

Bhumika
    http://www.bhumika.org/

3. FE40

FE40 Silver IL'ite

4. A9right

A9right New IL'ite

Hi FE40,

Thanks for this information. Could you please tell me how much she charges per case?

Best regards,
    Anjali

zmeerja likes this.
  5. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi you can check sulekha.com to find some

6. FE40

FE40 Silver IL'ite

I seriously do not know. But she is nominal than others. Even for me, she reduced it much, when i requested.

What i am telling is .... when i did a serious survey to find one good advocate to suit my requirements, i was impressed only with her procedure.

I had to contest a divorce, without filing any false allegations. Most of the advocates suggested that DV has to filed, etc etc.

7. Swatireddy950

Swatireddy950 New IL'ite

There are good lawyers if you look around a little bit. But by all means avoid people who are nothing but salesmen. They'll lure you into going with them until the point where you pay them a lot of them (trust me, they'll convince you to pay a lot of money up front. like i said, they're good sales people). Once you pay the money, you can forget your case. They're not going to move a bit (literally) and they'll blame the country judiciary for their lack or action/ failures. You're cheated and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Such a lawyer in case is Ananth Krishna (make sure to avoid him by all means!).

Ananth Krishna has near zero knowledge about law and stays mum in every court trial. He will surprise you to the extent that you can believe he is the opposition's lawyer. In my opinion and experience, he was completely useless and I had to change to a much better lawyer. But all my money went into the drain as he is a good salesman. He made sure I paid all the money up front and thereafter he never did any work or repaid even a penny. I strongly believe his law license has to be revoked but hey, this is India and it is a haven for such crooks anyway.

Source(s):

Experience from last year.

1 person likes this.
  8. varah

varah Silver IL'ite

Be really careful. As Swatireddy mentioned, they will try to extract money and don't even open their mouth and counter argue. There are people who wish to drag the case convincing you too even if you want to come out of it and try to pull you in wrong directions. As far as family cases are concerned, you need smart lawyer only at the argument stage that may take one year after Divorce petition. One thing to remember, some cunning lawyers would not even drop a bit of ink on the paper unless you pay them heftily. I did every bit of paper work in my case because they kept dragging and finally paid them also for all the work i did myself.

What is your idea now? To file for a divorce first or contest your husband's petition or both going mutual? Has he already flown for studies?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  9. zmeerja

zmeerja New IL'ite

Hello Anjali,

Just wondering if you have found ammy good lawyer.

One of my friends is looking for a lawyer.

Thanks,

Zaheer