1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Desire To Wear Certain Clothes Based On Certain Life Events

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by ChennaiExpress, Jan 27, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, have you ever noticed your preference in clothing change when some dramatic thing happens in your life.

Before the great storm (I don't wish to re-hash this) I wore pants (not too tight) and kurti.

After most of the great storm passed, I had desire for long maxi skirts.

Now after nearly 4 years I am starting to desire pants (neither too tight, nor too baggy) and long tunic again.

Of course the skirts I still have are nice and wearable, I just wish to wear pants and kurti every now and again.

Being optimistic that things are turning in a better direction, that's all.

Anusuya and Sandycandy like this.

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Usually, my weight and how comfortable I am with it, dictate my clothes. I tend to dress up, when I am happier and relaxed.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

When I started wearing Maxi skirts, it was more of "comfort clothing"

Then I purchased beautiful, colorful Maxi skirts. Unfortunately they attracted unwanted attention (I wore them to office)

Now I wear black, navy, khaki Maxi skirt, along with button-down shirt or pull-over sweater. Kinda want to keep it professional.

Of course, I am willing to pair Earth-colored kurti with these same Maxi skirts. And who knows I may start fitting into my old pants again.

Just now I tried the Kurtis I purchased in Happier days (early 2012). They finally fit me once again.

Looking forward to warmer weather when I can start wearing them!!!

Best part is, no need to spend more money on clothes for next few years or so!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

My weight and the place of my work/visit mostly decide the type of cloth I wear now a days.
    But whatever I wear, I chose the best fitting cloths and styles. That makes me comfortable.

ChennaiExpress likes this.