1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Aug 11, 2018.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Mine

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Nice post. Getting the mind off the negative aspects of life in the past, and doing that without the help of any drugs, is a better route. However, it is not easy for everyone to tame their mind:
    upload_2018-8-11_7-10-54.png
    image source:From Monkey Mind To Mindfulness - Kelley Kosow

poovai and anika987 like this.
  3. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

@anika987,

Don't pay too much attention about what others are saying about you. The comparison never stops....even if you work, next they start to compare salary / house you live / the brand you buy etc, the list goes on.

For example, few of my friends are such a show off - tell me their hand bags cost XXX, their daughter wear xxx brand of intimate apparel, XXX brand of shoes - on a discount spent this much for Tom shoes. Usually, my response is a smile and just I brush it off, so what? Good sake, I didn't even know, there is a brand of shoes called 'TOM' or people who go to Costco for shopping carry $800 handbag?

The world out there is not that easy to work, heavy competition - dog eats dog world. Day to day problems due to peer pressure, keeping your job alive during down sizing, heavy duty politics involved, it is not that how you do your work, it matters 'whom do you know' - networking, pretty much should know, 'how to show case yourself'?

Others, particularly relatives are jealous about how your DH is keeping you happy because they do know 'how their DD or DIL are suffering' in managing home and work in their day today life. Previous generation, didn't know the work stress/pressure at modern day work place? They think, you just show up at work to collect your pay check!

Your DH is keeping you happy and you enjoy taking care of kids. Ignore the rest.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    NeetaR, Giri12, Greenbay and 4 others like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True even when I worked before kids..
    I was told “ u get less salary” or “ you go only for part time”

I hate them living nearby and taunting me

Plus my dear mil whom I am literally afraid to call..always saying how I will reap karma and how she is suffering,sarcasm ..just thinking of taking care of her gives me jitters..

To top it my brother is getting a divorce and seeing my mom in distress..

All together threw me off the loop

Honestly,the day I accept that this is what I want to be,a homemaker and am ok with the taunts..my life will be bliss

5. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Good one. Totally agree

6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Google the phrase "annoying relatives", and you'll find that there is a whole world of co-sufferers. And agony-aunt essays on coping mechanisms.
    As for taunts, you can ignore, taunt them back, and do that proactively (that is, before they begin their taunt, you taunt), OR... outsource the whole scheme to an answering service. :yum: If a happy life is easy to have, everybody will be having it.

anika987 likes this.
  7. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

One last thing I can say. You are not the last one. Read the article with @Amulet shared. It’s very good. Also if you get time watch this video

anika987 likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks will do

9. ragz2richez

ragz2richez Bronze IL'ite

anika,
    You have posted quite a few similar topic threads (even during past years) and many have replied extensively to those too. So if you re-read those threads, you will get the right answers. I honestly think the essence of the answers for all your threads have been the same (if you go back and re-read them with patience).

Mistt likes this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Royalty cannot tame their mind easily