1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Depression And Anxiety Support Groups In Hyderabad/secunderabad

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by ShabnamF, Nov 26, 2017.

1. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

@SunPa

One of the links you shared led me to the information that one of my favorite actors who I also adore a lot has struggled with Depression and Anxiety. It gave me some sort of comfort and a lot of inspiration to fight after reading his story. May be because I adore him so much :hearteyes:

Jared Padalecki Reveals He Struggled With Depression

luvpeace, SunPa and Shanvy like this.
  2. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

ShabnamF likes this.
  3. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Just wanted to share, I have been having nightmares non-stop since july 2016, non-stop, literally. I may have had 4-5 days free of nightmares but it could be just that I slept too deeply to remember any nightmares.

4. madras2018

Can you share what your nightmare is about? Is it about parents ? Relationships ? Past ? Present ? Getting hurt ? Please explain as much as you are comfortable sharing.

Check this out
    Opening Up About Depression

Remember, i am going to wait for 3 weeks to find out which psychotherapist doctor you found....Actually even if you took the effort to meeting 3-4 it will count towards the goal. No pressure but I hope you wont let me down :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    cliona and SunPa like this.
  5. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

Dreams are varied. Most of my nightmares are really gross and I cannot share them with anyone.

Here is what I can share-

I dreamt last night that we were a group of cousins and friends and supposed to go on an international trip, everybody was ready and packed wearing suitable clothes for the trip, we were all sitting in an very fancy car that would take us to the airport and I realized that I was the only one wearing inappropriate clothes for the trip and I did not have my bags packed. So they took me to my place where I could not find proper clothes to take with me and they all left because I was delaying them. I get a lot of dreams like these where I am not ready for the occasion and I am left behind.

I also dream a lot that my mother is fighting with me and being unfair towards me but I am still trying to make her happy, to please her.

Couple of nights ago, I dreamt that I am surrounded by monsters and one was right next to me and screaming in my ear.

I will try my best.

6. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

The first dream - I used to get a similar dream a while ago It starts off in a very positive mood, nice and fun, getting ready to go for this great vacation, except I am about to board and I dont have my luggage , and I am in my jeans and tee , and the place I am going to is super cold. Then there is utter confusion - I rush to a airport store and try to grab some clothes , store is closing and I am begging the shop assistant to let me buy and so on

The meaning is kind of obvious - the feeling of missing the boat , of being unprepared for something and then it is too late

The fights with your mom - if only our heart listens to our mind.

As for your really scary and gross nightmares, it must be tough to sleep after those.

Are you religious ? I know mosques ( I am assuming you are muslim, forgive me if i am wrong ) sprinkle holy water when you get scary dreams . Can you try? I am a Hindu but I took my 1+ year old son to a mosque when he used to wake up at night screaming as if he had a real bad nightmare. MIL advised me to do it . It got much better soon.

Do keep searching for your psychiatrist/therapist.

ShabnamF, madras2018 and luvpeace like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

8. madras2018

Hi @ShabnamF - Now that it's been 2 weeks since we last chatted, I'm wondering if you made any progress in finding a psychiatrist or counsellor ?

9. ShabnamF

ShabnamF Gold IL'ite

I had been looking last week but now I am distracted because it's my last working day in my current organization tomorrow and I don't have another job in hand. I had a month to look for another job but I haven't even updated my resume. Now I feel scared and lost. Not because I don't have a job, but because I won't have any place to go.

10. madras2018

Sorry to hear abt your job. You can land a new job in the new year. Dont get too worked up about it.

But do you feel your depression had a part to play in the loss of your job ? As in, the side effects of depression affected you at work ?