Demise of my dad M.S. Satyamoorthy

Discussion in 'Bereavement' started by lalithajai, May 11, 2011.

1. lalithajai

lalithajai New IL'ite

Namaskaarams.
    This is Lalitha Jayaraman at Kolkata

Just to share the news - demise of my beloved father
    M.S. Satyamoorthy on 23April 2011 (native of Agaramangudi village in Thanjavur, brought up in Pudukkottai-Tirumayam –
    moved to Jamshedpur-Tatanagar at the age of 17 -
    worked as Asst Engr-Electrical with Tinplate, Golmuri, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Jamshedpur</st1:City></st1:place>); died at the age of 94.

We tried to contact all our Dhayadhees (the available contacts) and kept them informed of this sad news.

Now that the 13th day Grakiyam is done, I want everyone concerned is informed, who could not be communicated earlier on time.
    ==========
    M.S. Satyamurthy
    (son of Sivaketharam-Vaalambal; Grandson of Subramaniam-Meenambaal)

married to
    (Late) Parvathy
    (daughter of <st1:place w:st="on">N Muthukrishnaiyer</st1:place> of Kumbakonam-Annapoorani)

(my mother actually hailed from <st1:country-region w:st="on">Burma</st1:country-region>, where my grandpa was employed; walked back from <st1:country-region w:st="on">Burma</st1:country-region> to <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> at her young growing age - got married to my dad in 1946; moved to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Jamshedpur</st1:City></st1:place>).

He remembered his native – was prefixing ‘mangudi’ to his name - Mangudi Sivakedharama Satyamoorthy

He saw to it that all his and his brother’s offsprings too prefix ‘mangudi’ to their names

We are 6 brothers and 3 sisters

1. Mohandas (+Anuradha) - (Retired Indian Bank)
    2. Indumathy (+Nagarajan, OFB-Ambernath) -Mumbai
    3. Late Muralikrishnan (+Hymavathi) - 2nd son (Tinplate)
    4. Kalyanaraman (+Saroja) - PRO, Tata Motors, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Jamshedpur</st1:City></st1:place>
    5. Chandra (+Ramaswamy, Retired TISCO) - <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jamshedpur</st1:place></st1:City>
    6. Lalitha (+Jayaraman, MN Dastur&Co) - Kolkata
    7. Balakrishnan (+Jayanti, SBI-Mumbai) -
    Freelance Logistics -Mumbai
    8. Janardhan (+Prema, Faculty in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">MAChidambarm</st1:placeName> </st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeType w:st="on">College</st1:placeType></st1:place>, Chennai) – Area Medical Representative
    Manager, Chennai
    9. Sanjaykumar (+Anandalaxmi) - Sr. Manager, ICICI Bank,
    Chennai
    =================================
    With his single earning, my dad could provide whatever was possible for/from him to educate/settle us down well.
    (of course, this every father does)

but my dad - when his only elder brother - M.S. Venkatraman (the famous Venkittamama of Jamshedpur) died at his very early age - took responsibility of taking care of his brother's 7 children (of 9 children, the first son and 1st daughter got settled) getting settled in education and life.
    And my dad did his promised duty.
    ===========
    more so, he was taking active part in the cultural and religious activities of South Indian Association-Jamshedpur. He was acting in dramas and playing mridangam in music concerts
    ===============
    all these narrations, I have made, not to drum about my dad and his deeds.

but with all these above information, we want to keep informed of his death so that, everyone gets the information, whom we could not contact earlier and requesting you all to join our prayers to HIM to rest my dad's soul in eternal heavenly peace.

Thanks
    LalithaJayaraman

2. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

May this great soul rest in peace

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

may your father's soul rest in peace.Take care .

4. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mam,

Very sorry to know about your loss.

Now we didn't think that you are drumming your father's deeds. We understand that its the attempt to find your father's friends and inform them about this sad news.

May his soul rest in peace! May God give strength to you and all your family members in this hard time!

ILT

5. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Sorry to know of the demise of your beloved dad. He must have really left a void - no matter the age, father is a father.

May his soul rest in peace.

6. lalithajai

lalithajai New IL'ite

thanks many friends
    anbudan
    lalithajai

7. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

What a great soul.

May his soul rest in Peace.

There are few people like him who sacrifice their life for others. You must be very proud of him.

How is your mom doing?

My condolence to your family.

CL

8. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My Deepest condolence to you and your family member and may his soul rest in peace.