Delhi trip :Tips

Discussion in 'Delhi' started by amihere, Oct 7, 2010.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I will be travelling to Delhi 2weeks later and I would like to know the things which I will requrie for my stay at Delhi,Agra.

2. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi ami
    After two weeks it would be cold I think..
    Carry shawl/sweaters and other basic necessity things that you need..
    Happy Journey

3. Angumani

Angumani Bronze IL'ite

hai ami
    Delhi will be cool that time so carry winter dresses. If small children are accompanying carry all the first aid medicines.Many interesting places are there.please do'nt forget to visit below places they are too beautiful

Indira Ghandhi memorial: The used things by Indra Ghandi are preserved.The newspapper articles published about her will inspire our thoughts.

Akshardham: Good Entertaintment and Educative place.

Every where security come to play.Either you keep all the valuble things in the place you stay if it is safety.even mobile,umberala, water bottles are not allowed.

if you plan to visit Agra, and accompanying children restrict the visiting places.Becoz all the place are faraway atleast we need to walk a kilometer to see the place itself.It becomes too tedious with children.The tourist will try to squeeze the place but its too hard. this is my experience.

4. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Prettina, thanks for the quick fb:) Will carry a sweater and a stole.

Angumani thanks for telling me about the sec in akshardham, isnt there a locker or sonething near the entrance which we can pay and use? We will be staying at a hotel and dont know how safe it will be to leave our valuables there. There are no kids in the trip, so i think walking part is ok:)

5. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Am just back from my delhi trip 2 weeks back..
    @Agra
    Tajmahal
    Fatehpur sikri
    Agra fort

On the way to agra you can see mathura too

@Delhi
    redFort
    Parliament road
    India GAte
    Indira Gandhi memorial
    Nehru Memorial
    nehru Planetrium
    Lotus temple

And we carried all our things with us..
    Nowhere we were asked to submit other than our sandals :)

6. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

in delhi....

for each state one hotel is runned by government of india in order to serve all state people in capital of the country.

in tht list.
    visit andra bhavan....
    it is very famous and very delicious food is served there.

happy journey to you...

other thn this place... other friend has given you valuable suggestions

take care
    enjoy the trip

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Prettina,
    Thanks for the reply with sight seeing places. Other than the memorials everything else is included in the itinerary.(I am not sure about those, it might be there). We are visiting Fatehpur sikri enroute Jaipur from Agra.
    Thats a great relief that you were not asked to keep anything in locker. So is cam allowed inside these places too?

8. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Riya, thanks for coming in:) Where is Andhra bhavan? We are stayigni n Karol bagh , is it nearer?

9. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Dear Ami,

We had been to Delhi last december.
    I hope you would have booked some travels. We had taken Panickar Travels located in karol bagh and they were very satisfactory. The bus timings, places covered with minute details provided by the guide from the travels who accompanied us have to be appreciated. Also they stopped at hotels providing good food and the place had good ambience too. Even for shopping they suggested Good Shops and Places.

I hope you would have visited the website as some places are closed on Mondays and visitors are not allowed. Please keep a check on the monuments closed on particular days for maintanence.

Food court in Hare Rama Hare Krishna Temple premises should not be missed. Please take extra pairs of stockings, gloves as sometimes they get wet due to rains.

In Agra, we have to deposit our video cam in a locker and it is advisable to buy covers for shoe provided there or it is tedious to remove the shoes and roam around the TajMahal. You can wear these covers over the shoe and it is permitted.

Happy Vacation dear!!

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dear, Thanks for pouring in lots of suggestions. Yes we have booked through a travel agency. I will check their site to know which monuments are closed on Monday. Is handy cam allowed inside Taj? Any idea? I didnt know abotut he plastic bag thing available there. Thanks for letting know:)