Definition of God in Hindu religion.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

May God bless you, Sujata !

Your F B is so beautiful that I read it repeatedly like how you read my article !
    As the one & only Varalotti rightly says, you express so naturally.
    I am saying thankyou God for every F B from every one of you.
    I am too much in awe of starting an exclusive thread for Gita - my knowledge, both scriptural and vedantic, is very limited. But I do plan to introduce posts about Gita ( I have written down quite a few), in between, in this thread itself.

Well, friends, let me have an answer from you for this. I plan to go to Madurai next week to see my mother. If you insist, I can ask my nephew to post, next thursday, on my behalf. This is because, I have no access to net from my mother's house, whereas, he deals with computers ! I will decide on hearing from you.

Once again, thankyou, Sujata.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Chitvish

My dear Radha !

Unless you are evolved as a person, you cannot reach level two. We know, this is a point on which quarrels between different religions start at all !
    I agree, these posts have to be literally "chewed and digested". Living abroad, you have more responsibility to explain these to other religion friends as well, so that they can also admire the depth of ours.
    Reaching the third stage is " aham brahmasmi" - I am God or God is in me.
    Understanding this will help me talk to you about Atma, the consciousness principle.
    L....o....n....g way for us to go together on this enjoyable journey, Radha ! Pray God be with us, to guide us !
    Thankyou for the prompt F B.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Priya, you can be only sweet to me, always !

Yes, it is an interesting subject because we eternally ask "where is God", "who is God" etc.
    We need not search for Him, we only have to understand Him.
    Thankyou for continuing with me, Priya.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

How do I thank you, Vandhana ?

I brought in the simple physics part, for easy understanding !
    You cannot guess how much I enjoy writing these posts, too !
    Once I write, I go on editing them regularly, as soon as I come back from my class. A new point discussed in class will get my attention and I want to introduce it in my post. I have to condense in a few words, what my teacher lectures for one hour in my vedanta class.That is how Newton & Einstein came in, here !
    Please continue with me, Vandhana !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

My dear Aasha !

Why do you think, your reply is not apt ?
    The words" we are all with you" conveys it all, Aasha !
    I do not ask for anything more. Thanks for your F B .
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitra,
    I was out thewhole day yesterday...but was thinking that i should read at night...but ur interner connection was down yesterday....so had to wait patiently till now ....but i must say it was worth the wait....i read it cally and many times to comprehend what it means when we talk about God!
    I am really interested in this Aroopa concept....t is so difficult to digest that part, though i feel i understand , but it is difficult also......like you have rightly pointed out why Evil or Negativity , if God created from himself....this is whyt i am trying to comprehend....will have to sit quietly by myself and take it all in , i feel....
    But thanks for bringing this topic....it ia a very relevant topic and very useful to understand and share with others also.
    Thanks madame foranother enlightening post....
    About next week, i would say, dont worry, we will wait for you to come and post.....We very magnanimously grant you Leave to be with our Mother! And we will await your presence after you discharge your duty .....

7. Chitvish

My dear Sudha !

In Arupa Bhakti, we happily worship God as nature - pancha bhutha sthalams where God is worshipped as space in Chidambaam, water in Thiruvanaikkaval, etc.
    We will go in steps and understanding will be easy.
    Thanks for your F B, Sidha.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Have a nice trip

Dear Chitra,

I wish you a lovely time in Madurai with your mother and family. You sure have your priorities right. Greet your mother from me, your IL sis:) Please do not worry about posting when you are there. Take it easy and we will await your return and your posts eagerly, but with patience and understanding. Many of your posts are worth reading again and again, so we will not be deprived in the true sense.

L, Kamla

9. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear chitra,

This week post is really wonderful. When I read it first time I felt it was easy to understand, but when I read it second time and tried to grab the meaning sentence by sentence it was little difficult. so the next day I read it again and today I read it again. so finally I think I understand where god is. Thank you.

So you are in our hometown <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Madurai</st1:City></st1:place> for vacation, enjoy your stay.

regards,
    kodi.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  10. Chitvish

My dear Koti !

Thankyou very much for your F B .
    Yes, I just returned from our dear Madurai, 2 hrs back.
    It rains everyday there in the night & so the daytime is quite pleasant now, compared to namma ooru standard ! I just visited Sarvodaya Ilakkiya Pannai & got some lovely tamil books - oh! I can't wait to read them ! Ofcourse, I did not miss out on Visalam Coffee in Goripalayam !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.