Deepavali Puja

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Chitvish, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Substitute for lamps ?

Dear Chitra,

I need to check for earthenware kinnams here, If I get them its fine, else its just a loud thought ! I have seen in some temples, ladies light lamps using lemon (Elumicham pazham kuzhi panni vechu athukulla ennai vitu etharthu - I donno what you call that lamp as !!) , can that be done..coz I can easily get elumicham pazham at nearby shops ! I wont use steel as you said !

No need of your thanks Chitra, It's we who should be rightfully thanking you ! I have done nothing to deserve your thanks !

Love,
    Preethi

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

That seems to be a good idea, Preethi !

Yes, cut the lime into 2, squeeze the juice, reverse the half, put sandanam & kumkumam. Now add ghee (melted) & put thiri.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

pure enlightenment

Dear Chitra,

Believe me when I say, its the first time I actually am learning about Deepavali puja. I never knew kuberan puja is associated with this festival. I never knew the 16 names of lakshmi, never knew the existence in the first place. there's so much to learn stilll & with you around, I have no worries. This Diwali is going to be a special one after reading your post.

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for sharing such beautiful info & for the beautiful 16 lamps photo - like the ray of light your posts enlightens our soul, always.

Love & regards,

4. Chitvish

Thankyou for the sweet post - just like you, Meena !

Kuberan puja for deepavali is a recent development, atleast to my knowledge.
    Then, why not do it, we do need material wealth, as well, don't we ?
    I hope you shift to your new house befoe deepavali & do the auspicious puja there !
    Thankyou, Meena.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Kubera Lakshmi Pooja

Hi Chithra,
    Kubera Lakshmi Pooja was first introduced to me by my Sister-in-law. I do religiously perform it every Diwali day and especially after i moved into my new own house.
    Now this Diwali is going to be special for me as i am going to perform the Pooja after knowing the significance of the Pooja from our very own cultural icon here in Indusladies community.
    Generally I do light my pair of Silver Kuthuvilaku. This time after seeing the photo I am going to light 16 lamps in a plate besides the 2 Kuthuvilaku. That makes the count to be 18. I hope that is ok?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  6. Chitvish

Me, a cultural ikon? - ha ha ha !

My dear Lakshmi,
    When I was drafting this puja, I did remember your having mentioned to me that you perform this regularly.
    Yes, you can light 16 lamps in a plate, besides the 2 big vilakkus.
    I have given it in a short, simple format.
    Thankyou for the F B .
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Great to read this weeks posting on Diwali, Chitra........i will definetely follow it....we do have candles here , and also i seem to have collected a lot of mud candle , from india....all for use in dancing. But will light up my pooja arai, this year. :p
    I have always wondered , whythe name deepavali..... and dont we in south put up the deepams for kaarthigai festival.....any thoughts on that.

8. Chitvish

Thankyou, my dear Sudha !

Lighting mud candles is a good idea.
    Well, next week's posting is "Why do we celebrate Deepavali". There you will get the answer for your question !
    Stay tuned till next week !!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Oh lovely, now eagerly awaiting next thursday.....Chitra , you are really making our Thursdays very memorable!

10. Hamsadhwani

Hamsadhwani Senior IL'ite

Mrs.C,

It was a detailed explanation of the Deepavali Pooja. The picture attached was simply divine.

Thanks and we look forward to your next posting.