1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Decorating my new home

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by depressed, Jan 13, 2009.

1. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

View attachment 129785

Dear Friends,

Me and my husband recently bought a new home ( a three bedroom spacious apartment). But I am so sorry to say that my husband has been transferred to a new city in another state. So we will be leaving our "NEW HOME" in mid February. But before leaving this place, I want to take some photographs of every nook and corner of my home so that I can carry these photos as memories wherever I go and whenever I miss my "NEW HOME".
    Fortunately, we will not rent it out. We will just lock it up and come once in a year to clean it/look after it. We will also not take anything from this home. The way I decorated it with paintings, flowers, vases,furniture,etc. -We will keep them "AS IT IS".
    Anyway, The above picture depicts a corner of my new home that I will be leaving behind. Here I have used some of my favourite books, placed an old unused teapot over these and put some plants in the teapot with water. The formation of the plant is lovely. This plant is capable of growing roots in water and stays fresh in vases filled with water for months if the water is changed once in every 15 days.

OK then friends, tell me if you like my plant decorating (with an old teapot) idea.

*Posted by Happy*

2. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Hey 'Happy', Congrats on ur new home..You seems to be so creative :) Keep going..Keep going....I wish to see more pics showing ur creativity...

Love,
    Amy

3. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

hello HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY VERY NICE PHOTOGRAPH !!!!!

WHEREVER YOU ARE ...BE HAPPY ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALL IS FOR GOOD !!!!!!!!!!

SHALL LOOK FORWARD FOR MORE POSTS FROM YOU SOON....

BYE YA

-sunitha

4. kolli143

kolli143 Senior IL'ite

Hi Happy,

I like your signature "happy" :)
    Sorry to hear that you had to leave your NEWHOME and go live in another city. I am gald atleast that you are able to keep it as is, so that you can come in and live in it some day.
    The photograph is excellent. It shows your interior decoration taste. So what kind of is it? it seems like you got it as a small plant and kept in the tea pot and it grew over time?
    Keep us posted.
    -Swathi

5. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Amy, Sunitha and Swathi,

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Dear friends, and especially Swathi for your query,

I do not know the name of the plant. It grows on land and in the beginning, I bought a tub and planted it inside the tub. After some days, I cut off the upper branches of this plant and kept these in a flower vase filled with water. To my amazement, I saw that roots were coming out from the cut branches. I immediately cut off some more branches and kept them in water. Again roots were growing. So I planted these in new tubs. In this way, I could grow more plants from the original three/four plants.

Love

Happy

6. chairoscuro

chairoscuro New IL'ite

hi, im amina.i choosed ur blog cuz im also interested in interior designing.happy new home.

7. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats for your new home and the plant in the tea pot is so cute.

Andal

8. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Amina and Swathi,

Thank you for congratulating me on my new home. Your support and love is always appreciated. Amina, I am glad to know that you too are interested in interior designing like me.

Love,
    Happy

9. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

Hi Happy, congrats 4 da new house. May God bless u with everything u ever wish.:)

10. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Dipti,

Thank you for your loving words. May God bless you always too.
    Love, Happy