1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Decisions/choices Made! Can You Blame Others For It?!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by BeingSoulful, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

no two sides or three sides coin, quite clear and evident. Before one vents amd rants, one needs to be clear:
    1. inmates run the asylum in any online forum
    2. this aint no professional therapy, just reality-tv show like peek into online stranger woes. Maybe a good stress buster before they log out and go tend to their dh ds dd or work/real life. Advices are a "form of distraction"/a break for the mind (sorta) like fb whatsapp groups soc media, since ppl are addicted to online things and "compulsively checking" threads and forums now. That's all there is to it. Thats the truth if one examines it honestly.

Sandycandy and BeingSoulful like this.
  2. BeingSoulful

BeingSoulful Silver IL'ite

@Sunshine04 @Sandycandy @Nonya @VaniVyas @Ragini25
    Absolutely right ladies, I completely agree with yu'll..
    but I wasn't just referring this online forum but in general. We always have our friends, neighbors etc. who seek suggestions on various issues. But if one portrays the situation to their advantage what are the chances of receiving a genuine suggestion?! Isn't it.. I know its on us as well to either intervene & provide suggestions or just be neutral, let it slide away:lol:

@Naari I like the disclaimer idea lol
    I wish I could let my friends do tht a few years ago, they were often blamed by my parents for my actions!
    "Tumhare friends ne tumhe bigad diya hai" Craziness:rolleye:

3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Most OPs seek validation rather than solutions.

For the few OPs who sincerely seek advice: Buyer beware.

4. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Lol! But seriously, I used to work in legal advisory & remember our firm charging clients hefty amounts for advice not tilting one way or the other, just stating possible views with arguments presented on both sides.basically not opining!! And the most imp part was the disclaimer since that determined how much our necks were in the line! Lol....:tearsofjoy::biggrin:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    BeingSoulful, Sandycandy and Amica like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

As adults we should be responsible for our actions and decisions. But age doesn't define your maturity level, so being 18+ doesn't make you a mature adult just like that.

People can be easily influenced by anything. Even a soap character or a road side beggar can trigger a change in you.
    Depends on what exactly you are looking for, the on-line posts and answers can influence you.

But what maturity is, to take everything with a bag of salt.

On-line forums are no different from real life experience.

If you speak out your problems at a friends' or neighbors' or colleagues' gathering, you would here similar responses from them as well.
    Just like real life people, these on-line posters too can give wise-matured and responsible answers, as well crooked and irresponsible answers depending on who they are.

Just that, you can't figure out their background or genuineness based on their user names here.
    Eg: Agoodgirl could be a bad girl in real life.

BeingSoulful and sindmani like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Their relationship worked because the whiny mil's son and dil moved out to live far away.( As mentioned casually in the letter):rolleyes:
    I think it should be counted as an IL success story.:thumbup:

BeingSoulful, sindmani and iamsrihere like this.
  7. BeingSoulful

@Naari
    legal advisory:fearscream:
    If not for those disclaimers I wonder what would happen, its an impossible world out thr.. LOL:tearsofjoy:

@yellowmango

I agree, I was thinking the same when I saw that post.. U never know how many more are out thr in silence!:laughing:

Naari likes this.
  8. BeingSoulful

Very well said, I believe the same. U never know what can influence & bring good changes in you. There is so much available for free, free knowledge, free advises, free goods, free books & mostly people go insane with the "free tag".

Not everything you listen is true, not everything you see exists, not everything you feel is justified. One needs to use their concise to make wiser decisions & choices. Having said this, I still see people blaming others, its easy to pass the buck, this blame game never ends.

SGBV likes this.