1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Decisions/choices Made! Can You Blame Others For It?!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by BeingSoulful, Jul 18, 2017.

1. BeingSoulful

BeingSoulful Silver IL'ite

This question has been bothering me for a while. I am always watchful of what advice I give or opinion I pose on others. I know I can really influence my loved ones, I can empower them with my words; sometimes hurt them with my opinion too. There are times I regret suggestions provided by me to others, this is only because certain decisions made by individuals may lead them to different road of life, not a pleasant one. I don’t blame myself of course because there are always various factors contributing towards making some things work in love, career & others. And one’s advice may not be fully responsible for something to go wrong.

But I always try my best to leave the conversation open ended so that the person seeking help is able to introspect as required.

I recently saw a new member posting comments against this forum, blaming the suggestions given here. Out of curiosity I visited the complaints website link that he/she posted. There a MIL who posted that her DIL tried to take divorce because DIL was advised to do so by this forum and the MIL could view all her posts because she left it the laptop logged in to the site.

I strongly believe each individual is different, perspectives, education & cultural backgrounds, the learnings from their own life & so on. Each decision made to change their life or efforts to make things better is individualistic & no one should place that blame on anyone else, this includes your parents, friends, well wishers, etc.., When someone takes time to listen & provide suggestions, it is purely to help out. But the final call is always made by the person dealing with the issue. One should own it completely.

What are your thoughts on this?

There are always two-sides to the coin, what do you think are factors one should be mindful of while providing suggestions?

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  3. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

First and foremost , I avoid giving free advice totally .
    When anyone asks my suggestion on something , I Make it very plain to them " this is what i feel . Itmight work for me . But I cannot guarantee it will work for you . So give it someconsideration and use it as a guide only , your decision must be entirely yours ."

sindmani likes this.