Decision to sell the puppies/kittens

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Nandshyam, May 30, 2008.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I guess many would have lovable dogs and cats, feminine ones. I would like to know what you guys went through when you had to sell those puppies/kittens from your lovable pet? I know none of us have the energy physically, emotionally and financially to take care the entire family. Was there any sort of guilt in some corner of your heart when you got to make that decision?

Personally, When I was 5 years old, I had my first pet and it was my aunt who was such a pet lover that seeing her playing, talking and having loads of fun, I started to have my own feelings towards them . When I was old enough, I saw that other dogs used to come to our place during the breeding season and our pets never went anywhere. When I asked my aunt and she said, she has no courage to separate the mother from its kids and see it feel hurt, thus always decided to own male pets... I follow that, somehow I feel I can never make that decision if I were asked too :(

Your thoughts people?

2. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Yes Nand ... that was the main reason I decided to adopt a male dog. I dont have the energy/time or resources to bring up an entire brood and NO I would definitely not like to give away the pets .

I have seen my friends Lab searching for her pups.. everytime one pup would go missing, she would go round and round and finally come and sort of moan.. it was heart rendering ... guess tho ... they get over it ...

But I never would be able to do it :-(

Cheers

Bhooma