Dec 2017 Due Date Club

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by 28neha, May 16, 2017.

1. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

No, I bought in a shop in Adyar, Chennai, specially for mom and baby.
    I'm yet to buy small bed with mosquito net, towels, wipes, etc.. Since it is my first baby unsure about the usage of nursing bras, nursing pillows, etc. I feel scared to use diapers from the day 1, so I requested my mom to prepare cotton home made panties. Also I'm not ready to place baby in air conditioned room too. Planning for some natural ways that will not harm baby.

I will go to my native for this Diwali, starting my maternity windows in office. So I feel whatsapp group will be more easy for communication too. If you all think it is ok, then we can proceed making a "expected mom" group in whatsapp.

Alamelum likes this.
  2. Alamelum

Alamelum Silver IL'ite

Its good to start whatsapp group.... are you planning to take Maternity leave from Diwali?

When others are planning their ML? am currently on leave, will go to office for a week for transition purpose then planning to take proper ML from 1st Nov.

RohiniVenkat likes this.
  3. Alamelum

Alamelum Silver IL'ite

So this is the Preliminary list i have prepared for Hospital bag, let me know if i need to add\amend anything, is the quantity i have mentioned is enough?

1. Nighty with front zip\buttons - 5
    2. Big size panties - 6\7 ( i have checked for disposable, but after reading reviews, felt we can buy some big size itself)
    3. Towels - 2
    4. Tooth brush & Paste
    5. basic make up kit( comb,bindi, hair band, moisturiser)
    6. Bodywash\soap, Shampoo, facewash,
    7. Handwash & Sanitizer
    8. Maternity napkin - 1 pack ( is this okay or regular one will be fine)
    9. Home coming dress - 1 loose fitting salwar with shawl
    10. Insurance card\ID proof\Hospital file
    11. feeding bra - 2 any suggestion for online site\ brand...

General:
    1. Mobile charger
    2. Flask - 2
    3. Disposable cups\ss plates - for parents to have their food
    4. some snacks
    5. Scarf

I am yet to buy anything for baby, planning to do it during last week. i also need to list down items for DH for his stay.

sindmani likes this.
  4. RohiniVenkat

RohiniVenkat Silver IL'ite

Yes, I'm planning to take ML from Diwali.

Your list is good, but I did not add any of the makeup kits, I think we might not be getting to do any o it,. Also I feel that smell or the chemicals used in those items may create allergies to babies. Even now I'm not using any of them, only bindi and lip balm. I use perfumes as I'm going to office.

My friend suggested not to buy any of the maternity pads one or two is enough, others we can use the classic models of pads like carefree or long night pads is enough.

I have added 1 kettle in the list.

If you wish to join whatsapp group, Please PM your personal number to me, so we can share our experiences instantly.

Alamelum likes this.
  5. preethavish

preethavish Junior IL'ite

Hello Beauties,
    My EDD is Dec 5. With insulin and aspirin, practical expectation would be to cross 38weeks.
    Fingers crossed as no one knows what might happen. It's all in HIS hands!!
    Good luck to one and all. I would love to shop for my bub , however restricted by the age old tradition of using old stuff.Would probably buy some quick dry sheets and swaddles,yes.
    Feeding nighties are also on the list.
    Breast pump and glass feeding bottles are on th list but I have not decided on them yet.

Cheers,
    Preetha

Adamsribs and Alamelum like this.
  6. Alamelum

Alamelum Silver IL'ite

I will add kettle in my list...

make up kit which i meant, grooming kit - just basic comb, hair band etc., i normally do not wear any make up...actually i do not know how to do that:facepalm:

i will also, consider the combo of maternity and normal pads..

i will send your my mobile number through pm..will navigate how to send a pm..BTW have you started the whatsapp group?

7. Alamelum

Alamelum Silver IL'ite

Congrats dear..yes, its all GOD's plan...same here, my family doesnt allow to buy anything now for the baby, am planning to do basic purchase during last week..hope i will get time.

i do not have special feeding nighties, just bought front open with zip...hope that will be sufficient..

since this is my first time, so much confusion...

8. Alamelum

Alamelum Silver IL'ite

latest list:

Adamribs: 2nd Dec
    Preethavish: 5th Dec
    RohiniVenkat: 6th Dec
    Alamelum: 10th Dec
    Winipooh: 16th Dec
    Dharaniraj: 22nd Dec
    28Neha: 24th Dec

9. Alamelum

Alamelum Silver IL'ite

@WiniPooh , @DharaniRaj , @28neha ..plz share your inputs on hospital bag ...

28neha likes this.
  10. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Hi girls!

its been long time i didnt update :) i am busy in baby shower function shopping, hall booking,return gifts,gifts for kids..done lots of online shopping :) my baby shower function is on 13th oct...

i had growth scan on 2nd oct. everything is normal.tomorrow repeating sugar test again.i knw its normal jst for confirmation repeating again:)

i cant prepare hospital bag before.i should not do it seems..so everything will i do on that day..still i need to buy nighty..any good online shop for nighties?

Adamsribs and Alamelum like this.