Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Congrats Manis......

2. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Manis :) am so happy for you! :) happy patenting :) what have you names your baby boy ??

1 person likes this.
  3. babymiracle

babymiracle Senior IL'ite

hi all,

i m 37 weeks and had appoitment just last week and my dr told me that i m not yet dialated is it normal?
    plz !importantshare ur experience girls

4. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I am in my 39th week running. I had my doctors visit this morning. I felt like killing her. The nurse asked me if I had pressure or contractions. I said I had pressure and Braxton hicks. So she asked me to undress. The royal doctor comes in and asks why are you undressed? Pressure means nothing (of course I know that)...she checks and says baby is high and nothing yet. I don't know why I go for doctor visits if they don't think it's time to check the dilation and head getting engaged or not, at every weekly visit. Idiots!!!

Brighter side, I have thanksgiving leave so have time to pack my labour bag and finish last moment preparations.

5. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Rose. It's normal for docs to check for cervix at very visit after 37 weeks. They jus make sure that you're not started dilating or effacing. There are some women who don't hv contractions or think its Braxton hicks to have already started dilation. Hang in there. You're almost there to see little one.

6. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Chitra, that's what I'm saying. She should check if I'm dilated or not at weekly visits. But the doctors think its too early to check! I am already disappointed that there is no sign of dilation but how will I know at what point I am, if they don't check every week? All they want to do is check my BP and baby's heart rate. She says its early to check for dilation! I'm so mad at them. Because I have to work till my last day (not eligible for FMLA as i just joined work as a resident), I am very disappointed.

7. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Rose,

The cervical check may really not mean anything at all. There are tons of women who go around 3-4 weeks being 2-3cm dilated & effaced before they go into labor. So dilation is not necessarily a good indicator of impending labor. It is a growing consensus among providers that cervical checks serve no purpose at all. Maybe your doctor thinks being a FTM this will just raise your expectations & disappoint you when you don't actually go into labor quickly.

8. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Have you ladies have had the TDAP (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine yet? There seems to be a rise in whooping cough (pertussis)cases in USA and this vaccine is being recommended for all expecting moms and anyone intending to stay in regular close contact with baby. The vaccine is good for 10yrs once given. I will be given one right after delivery, my DD has had it as part of her vaccine schedule. I am wondering if I should get DH to get it too.

What are US moms doing about this ?

9. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Livinglife, thanks for the explanation. Maybe that's what it is.
    I took my Dtap vaccine around 29 weeks (not through my OBGYN). The one who administered (also a doctor) said its better if my husband also takes it. He has not taken it yet though.

10. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

I wonder how the early dec moms-to-be are feeling. I have 3 more weeks to go, but some of you are probably due next week. Best of luck to all you ladies !!

1 person likes this.