Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. SaiSmaran

SaiSmaran Silver IL'ite

Hi manis, do not worry. Ur baby will do absolutely fine after it's birth. I have seen many of my friends who have undergone labor while on their 36th week and their babies were totally fine. Babies did not require GCU or NICU care after birth. As rose mentioned trust in god and your doctor. Sometimes doctors are bound to take such decisions based on mothers health as well. U have undergone so much to protect the baby. So am sure it going to do well once born. Will keep u in my prayers.

My doc had decided to remove my cervix knot sometime this week. Am 35 weeks today.
    Will get to know the exact idea of my delivery only after the knot is removed. Waiting with fingers crossed!!!!!! Will keep u posted.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Hi Anitha,
    I my case my mil is going to be with me for delivery. As said, i also try to have open mind since my DH will be with me. But i dont prefer her in my delivery room but lets see how it goes. And about extn, we extended her stay for 6 more months. One time extn is allowed and should apply a mnth before. It cost about $290 for extn and dont state the reason for extn is delivery. Try to bring some other reason. All the best to everyone.........

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

How is everyone? No updates from many mommies for long...?!
    I had my visit last Friday. The midwife showed me where the baby's leg, hips etc were. It was nice to know her position. Then she said I had a Braxton hicks contraction at that time and I was like " oh really?". Now my husband is scared coz he thinks I won't be able to identify a true contraction!
    I told her about my burning itch sensation and they are testing me for liver issues.

My baby shower is the weekend after this coming one. Good luck to all...we are almost there!

3 people like this.
  4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Vidu,

Mostly, my parents will leave before my delivery and in laws will come for delivery and will stay for 6months and once they leave my parents will join us. This is 4th time visit for my parents here in USA and since we're following everything correctly like leaving a gap of 6months - 1yr to come back, no extensions so far no issues. But, last time they created some issue for my MIL saying she can stay only for few months during her next visit like. But, so far no issues. So, mostly we're trying not to invite new issues. Also, I dont have any issue with MIL.. She is very nice but I will definitely miss my amma !

5. aarthizone

aarthizone Silver IL'ite

hi livinglife

Now after found cleft palate what treatment u gave for that.did u do any surgery? How is the situation?

6. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Hello aarthi,
    yes, DD had a surgery when she was 1yr old to fix the palate. And had tubes put in her ears to drain the fluid that accumulates in middle ears. The long term issues remaining after palate surgery usually are fluids in ears (taken care of my tubes) & speech...palate kids have problem making certain sounds like s/n etc and require speech therapy for it. We have been fortunate and our DD's speech was evaluated to be perfect and usually 9-12 months ahead for her age, so haven't needed any therapy so far.

2 people like this.
  7. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

LivingLife,

There is no problem possible with too much folic acid. I take 4mg folic acid everyday, 4-5 times the recommended dose due to past history. Anythign you don't use, gets flushed. Folic acid doesn't get stored. So don't worry.

8. gentran

gentran New IL'ite

We had an ultrasound at 35w6d and doctor mentioned that baby was weighing 5lb14 oz and baby' legs were measuring smaller 32w4d. I have been very tensed since I heard this. I am 5ft3in and my husband is 5ft8in doc mentioned that its just a small baby as we both are not that tall. I am really concerned about this. Did any of you had such a situation in any of ur pregnancies?

9. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

How is everyone? When I heard from others that women after 37 weeks just count days, I didnt think too much of it. Till now I was never drained of my energy. Last 2 weeks have been tough with so much of burning and itching sensation on my tummy. I have applied bio oil, cocoa butter, ice packs , now aveeno steroid creams, nothing helps. Apart from that I feel so heavy I am unable to walk. I am just praying that the baby comes in early. My problem is I don't have official leave as I have not completed 1 year of work yet. But working has become tough now.
    Do give your updates as to how you are feeling ladies. I might borrow some of your energy or atleast get motivated to go on.

10. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

I started to feel the pressure in my lower abs especially when i walk and get up from bed. I checked with my doc and she told me that head is down and reduce my walking exercise. These day i am not doing any exercise other than breathing. Have any anyone started experiencing this. Also, i am little bit worried about the contractions and labor and wonder how it will be. Will i be able to recognize it or will it too late. Too many questions comes in my mind. I try to avoid and enjoy every moment and waiting for my little one.