Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

babymiracle,

be thankful that your mil is coming for delivery. Just have a positive outlook towards everything she does, believing that its for your good, just like you would if your mom tells you to do something.
    People say mothers are better than mils, and I agree with that, if you have a choice, hold off on mil coming till few months after the baby is born and have your mom instead. Reason being we get emotional over everything during and after delivery.. so if its mom and husband there with us, we can take liberty and shout or express ourselves as we want, and moms can help with breastfeeding etc..
    But if for whatever reason your mom can't come, thank your stars that your mil is agreeing to come.
    Don't see her with colored glasses that this is my mil, that is why she is saying this. Take everything positively and appreciate her help.
    My mil is the sweetest person on earth, so not all mils are bad.
    Just my 2 cents..

3 people like this.
  2. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

How come babymiracle? Can your parents not come? Whether your MIL can help u or not, only she can tell ( or you will know when she comes). Good luck. I agree with successminded, be open towards her. My MIL is also very sweet. She will come later though.

1 person likes this.
  3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

I agree with Sucessminded. In my case also my parents are going to leave just before few weeks of my delivery and my hubby knows that am more emotional already (pre-pregnancy itself i used to cry like a child when my parents leave) so no question or doubt it would happen the same in my 36w... So, my hubby is thinking to extend their stay but worried if it will cause any issue during their future visit. So, still thinking. My in laws are going to come. I dont have an issue with them. My MIL is also nice, she does all the work pre-pregnancy also. But, MIL cannot replace mom ! I can express my angryness and all to my mom but not to my MIL... During my last delivery my parents were with me. This time not sure who will be there.. But, when I think of their departure and my 36w... I will definetely get emotional.. Ofcourse, they will come back after my in laws leaves or we may go to India with our 2nd LO... and return with parents.. But, still during delivery time and post delivery I will be more possessive towards my both kids. If in laws pick kids and takes care , i may get emotional. I dont know how to go into that situation.

Right now with my parents around, am having a greattt time :banana....

4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Anitha. Ifyou feel u willbe more comfortable with ur mom during delivery then you should send them back now and get them close to delivery rather than extending them. There are several clauses in extension one is u can't get them back at least for one year to US. This is what I heard and my friend is in dilemma now as she can't get her mom since its now not been a year. Just think and decide. This is my 2 cent.

5. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Chitra,
    Can you please tell me more about it. So, your friend extended their parents stay for how many months and what happened when they tried to return back in a gap of 6months? Were they not allowed or they tried to re-enter only after a yr?

6. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

My friend extended her mom stays not sure how many months but sure more than 3 and when she filled in form she said there was a clause which said her mom can't return until after one year to US. So now she wants help for her son again as her ils term have ended but she can bring her mom now. So she is confused. Anyways she figured alt plan. But she didn't want to risk bringing her mom before a year so she I'll now wait.

Again I personally don't hv any exp this is what she said.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anitha, I extended my MIL's stay by 3 months, after the initial 6 months. As far as I remember there was no clause regarding how soon she could come back. But we didn't ask her back for 2 years just to be safe. I remember when she visited us for 6 months the first time around, she came back again within 6 months of leaving. At that time the immigration officer gave her only 3 months of stay, saying that she had just visited for 6 months.

Also a friend of mine extended her mom's stay by 6 months, so her mom stayed for a whole year without any issues.

8. manis

manis Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I have had my checkup recently and took the CTG test, which came good.
    I am 35w+2days now, baby is doing good. Have the history of bleeding(huge hemorrhage) at 12 weeks and cerclage done at 23 weeks. On complete bed rest since cerclage. It's a IUI conception.
    With all this, dr asked me to get admitted and planning to do cesarian on 36w+6days.
    I read in lot of forum that, though 37 is full term , it is always good to wait as much as possible..
    Any of you has suggestion for this...?

Saismaran, how are you doing? What is dr planning for you.

9. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Manis, They say it is better to have the baby till 39 weeks because after 37, the lung still matures. I also read somewhere that sometimes they give steroid shots so baby's lung matures. Even though they say its better to have the baby inside for as long as possible, babies born at 37 weeks do well. My midwife today said she has seen babies born earlier doing well and some others born later had their lungs still developing. Regardless, it should be fine and they will take care of your baby. Trust your doctor and God. Good to hear from you.

2 people like this.
  10. manis

manis Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Rose. Treatment in India is little different. I have already started steroid injection for the past 6 weeks. ( weekly one) . In US only 2 dose of steroid injection is suggested and read that we shoul not give weekly once for more than 2. :-(

Sometime praying is the only means to be in peace..

1 person likes this.