Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

Can you please explain me about this GTT....? For my last pregnancy, I had a normal delivery (no sugar that time) but premature baby at 33w. This time, also I want the same normal delivery but full term baby so dr asked me to take shots from 16w to prevent preterm. But, I don't want to have this glucose during this pregnancy.. Do I need to take any precautions for it? I heard sugar/rice can cause it.. Please let me know...

2. satyasrinivas80

satyasrinivas80 Silver IL'ite

I had a question about the amount of clothes that we need for the first few months. I am not sure about that all. Somedays it feels like I have lots of stuff and some days it feels like I dont have anything at all. I am quite concerned since its going to be Dec when I will have the baby and its quite cold here where we are located.

Can someone help me out on the amount of clothes needed and what kind of clothes needed for babies born in the winter climate of US.

foxybeat,
    At home, we need to maintain 72 F temp so I don't think we need really warm clothes at home but I bought something similar to this: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=95687&vid=1&pid=461496002

For outer wear, http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=95691&vid=1&pid=595919002

You can also but body suits and pants separately.
    http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=95605&vid=1&pid=461480002
    Marled pants | Gap

If you want to buy one piece footed ones, I would say go for something like this:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=95686&vid=1&pid=668621002

I'm speaking from my experience the snap ones are really good while changing the nappy but not the whole zipper ones.

A couple of mittens, hats, and thick sock sets.

Swaddling the babies keep them warm/cozy and they'll be less fussy. I don't know how much is too much. Yesterday night, I took my dd's new born and 3-6 months clothes and saw that many outfits are with the tags. She literally lived in the snap shirts by Gerber till she became weeks old but she was born in April. But these snap shirts were really helpful for cleaning and drying the belly button area.

You better invest in 3-6 months clothes as my dd outgrown the new born clothes really fast. She was average in weight and 98% in height and maintained it till she became 2.

1 person likes this.
  3. satyasrinivas80

vidu,
    Don't worry go to the dietitian and follow the plan which he/she gives and everything should be fine. There are some Indian dietitians that do the diet plan according to our food if it's your concern. You can ask your OB/GYN if they know of any.I know of friends who had GD in their pregnancies and their deliveries were scheduled before their due date and they were induced as Livinglife said. These two friends had vaginal deliveries.

4. satyasrinivas80

Anitha,

I don't know how far are you in your pregnancy but I assume you didn't get tested for the initial 1-hr Glucose test that they do between 24-28 weeks. The doctor's office will give you a 50 gm sugar liquid which you need to finish withing 5 minutes and they draw your blood within an hour of drinking that sugar liquid. If you fail that test, you'll be tested further more. In the 3 hour test, first your fasting blood will be taken then you'll be given the sugar drink and they'll draw the blood every hour for 3 hours. If you fail this test, you have GD. I was undergone this 3 hour test in my first pregnancy but I passed it. I passed the 1-hour test with this pregnancy so didn't required to go for the 3-hour test.

You don't had it in the first time means you are good diet wise and activity wise I think. Anyways, have small and frequent meals and limit on the simple carbs but don't follow this diet just to pass the test. Follow your regular diet and go for the test or make the changes from now on and continue till you have the little one in your arms.

5. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi All..
    I had my last scan on September 30 and doctor says I might have a planed C section as the babies are in breech around December 1st week to mid, by December 1 I will be completing 35 weeks. I so badly want to deliver anytime by 37 weeks. So the babies are full term.. lets see.. what God has in the show for me.

Btw considering a lot of ppl are here from US and many eperienced mommies around.. I wanted to know about this Bravado Nursing Brassiere. Can someone suggest if its worth a buy ?

6. AnithaPartha

Satya,

Currently, am 13weeks pregnant with my 2nd LO. With my 1st pregnancy, I failed my 1hr test so had to take 3hr test but I passed it. This time also I want to pass the GTT test so I was asking specifically if I need to follow any diet like avoiding carbs etc.

7. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Thank you satya for ur encourgagement. I have an appointment with the dietician today. Lets see how it goes. My Gyn advised me to take flu vaccine for me and my family members who is going to be near the baby. Since its dec(flu season) she recomends to take it. My DH is the first to take one. Anybody taken flu short... Keep posted.

8. AnithaPartha

Hi Vidu,

I took my flu shots yesterday at Walgreens. My insurance didn't cover it, so I had to pay around $32... My dr has also asked me to take whooping cough and that costs $65 so I didn't take that one. Just took flu shot.

9. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Can someone help me with Nursing Brassiere Query :( :(

10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

My husband and I got our flu shots. No issues. When we asked the doctor specifically if anything else is needed, he mentioned dTAP. I didnt take it yet.

Sorry Suganvijay...no idea about the brand you mentioned earlier. I asked my mom to get a couple from India.