Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

This is from my 1st delivery experience:

I got admitted in the hospital at my 33rd week as my water broke( reason not known till now).. As soon I reached hospital they saw through scan and said that my water broke and I had to get admitted in the hospital ... Dr tried best to retain baby in my stomach itself but I dilated and got lot of pain so had to take epidural.. In few mins, my lower body was numbed and just followed dr s advise whether to push or not! I didn't have any issue at all... No pain also during vagina stitching .. After delivery I was getting back ache which slowly reduced but was not able to sit or stand for longer hours .., for my 2nd delivery, my hubby is asking me not to go for epidural and try natural way .. I don't know if I can take that pain :(

1 person likes this.
  2. satyasrinivas80

satyasrinivas80 Silver IL'ite

That and the possibility of backache staying with me is making me think.

Sorry, Rose. I forgot to address this concern of yours. I had my daughter 5yrs back, and I had no back pain at all. When I was pregnant with my first, I happened to ask my colleagues and friends about epidural and it's effects in the long run. Only one person out of 25 reported that she got headaches because of epidural. you may need to raise your concern about epidural with your OB/GYN.

1 person likes this.
  3. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Rose,

i don't think there is any reliable scientific studies to suggest epidurals result in short/long term backaches. My sister has had 2 c-sec And suffers from terrible back pains. My SIL had a completely natural med-free birth (her doc in India refused to do an epidural for her) and suffers from back pains too. I had a 16hr labor with my DD, 8 of which I endured pain and then asked for epidural. I have not had a day of back pain. Also to add, both my sis & SIL are in great shape/health, Perfect BMI & had their babies in early 20's. I am overweight and had my DD at age 29.

1 person likes this.
  4. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

Hello All,

Long time since I posted here, been a bit busy with many things. Down with a cold and trying to get as much rest as possible now. Hows the preparations going on for the arrival of LO for all ?

I had a question about the amount of clothes that we need for the first few months. I am not sure about that all. Somedays it feels like I have lots of stuff and some days it feels like I dont have anything at all. I am quite concerned since its going to be Dec when I will have the baby and its quite cold here where we are located.

Can someone help me out on the amount of clothes needed and what kind of clothes needed for babies born in the winter climate of US.

Thanks in advance

5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. I had one more question which I asked in that post but probably I was not clear. When you have epidural and you are totally numb down, will you know when to push? I heard labour doesn't progress as much and some end up in c section? Please clarify. Thank you for your time!

foxybeat, if you are not going to have a baby shower (mostly we get clothes), try opening a babies r us registry even if you don't need it. It will give you a check list. There is a check list in this forum too. I bought a winter coat, but my MIL is knitting some. I am buying 3 months size onwards...mostly onesies, a couple of dresses (occasion or temple) ,one sleepwear - the ones that have separate shirt and pants so you could change diapers easily( you could get 2 or 3), a couple of swaddle blankets. Experienced ladies can help u with the number.

6. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Hey all, I got my 3hr blood sugar test and its positive. My Gyn recomended a dietician to prepare a chart specifically for me. I have my appointment with dietician on wednesday. I am little bit worried because i heard that those who has GD might end up in c-section. Iam not sure what the diet plan will be here. what is the diet plan in india for GD during pregnancy. Iam trying enjoy every moment and started to prepare list of items to buy etc. Still searching for names for our baby.

7. satyasrinivas80

Nope, I didn't feel the contractions at all after having the epidural but felt numb in the lower body. My nurse and the OB were awesome.. they told me to when to push because we were able to see on the monitor when the strong contractions coming.

Ok, Rose,

To elaborate my answer, I asked my dh to tell me what he remembered about the birh of our dd. THANKS to you! The discussion freshened up our memories. I'm writing what ever he remembered/ I told him in the delivery room. Even though my lower body is numbed down, I still had the urge to push and the nurse/OB warned me about when the big contraction was coming and to push. As I said earlier, I was hooked up to a monitor where one can see when the strong contraction was coming.

I too heard that epidural can slow down the labor progress and some end up with C-section but had no personal experience so can't comment on that.

3 people like this.
  8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much Satyasrinivas. Appreciate your time. Sorry to bother you but glad I kindled old memories ;-)

1 person likes this.
  9. satyasrinivas80

No problem! I'm more than happy to answer your questions.

10. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Rose,
    yes I couldn't feel contractions after epidural & was guided by doctor/nurse to push when needed.

Vidu,
    uncontrolled GD can lead to a bigger baby that can mean a c-sec is needed. But if you are able to control it & the baby is not too big you can still very well have a normal delivery. I did with my first & I am hoping I will again. My doctor, however will not let me go past my due date and will schedule an induction a day before my due date at the latest. I am hoping I will have gone in labor by then. Best luck to you & think positive.

1 person likes this.