Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Hi girls,
    After a long time I am coming here..
    How are you all?
    I am very much fine and my baby shower function went very good last sunday.. Today evening.. Hope everything will be good.. I will start doing final trimester exercises.. Have to check what are the exercises to do..
    Please suggest me good exercises that you do..

Saismaran dear,
    definitely god is with you and you will ddliver cutie little pie in full term only..

Manis,
    God is there with you dear.. Dont worry.. Everything wil be fine..
    I am sure on December month you are going to see your little prince/princess' smile and wil forget all these pain that second itself..

Babymiracle,
    In our IL, there are some threads in pregnancy section that lists out baby items to buy.. Really helpful ones..

Rose,
    I am fine dear.. I disappeared because of unavailability of computer and internet.. nothing serious.. I am enjoying at my mom's place now..

2 people like this.
  2. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Good to have you back Bhuvana!

how is everyone doing? My little one moves a lot and I can see the movements from outside. The last time I was told where the head is and I just remembered yesterday that most of the movements come from that side. So pretty much I can see the bulge of her head...sometimes it moves..sometimes it just bulges out and stays that way for couple of min. At the beginning I didn't know it was her head and I wanted to play a bit so I just softly pushed it in..to see her reaction. Now I don't do it...:)

would love to hear from all of you.

3. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    I was busy with my work all these days. How is everybody? Everything is going well with me by God's grace. I had my vallaikappu last week. Also, I had my blood test for GD. Waiting for the result. My baby is kicking me a lot after lunch and night. Planning to go to classes next month. Lower back pain is getting worse sometimes,don't know what to do. rest of it are good....

4. mommynow

mommynow Silver IL'ite

Nice to see updates from sai, manis, bhuvana.. All the best sai and manis for the rest of your pregnancy. I pray that you pass it smoothly. Haha rose, I admire your patience to see baby's parts from outside.. Still I haven't seen the bulges.. Have to carefully wait for it and see I too have horrible back and leg pains everyday.. Heard that accupressure will give some relief. Have anyone tried??

1 person likes this.
  5. mommynow

mommynow Silver IL'ite

Babymiracle, about the baby items, during my last pregnancy I have written and kept the list of things to buy for newborn in a dairy.. Will post it once I get some time.

6. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I have a question for those who have gone through delivery previously. Do we have to have sanitary napkins with us when we go to the hospital for delivery? Do we have menstrual flow immediately? I read here and there that till we breastfeed, we don't get periods...but also that we need napkins after delivery. Confused as to which is the right thing...

7. mommynow

mommynow Silver IL'ite

Rose, it is called as LOCHIA, the postpartum bleeding. It may last upto 2-6 weeks after delivery. For normal delivery, it takes longer I think. We need to use the pads. In the hospital itself they will provide but some prefer using their own brands which will be comfortable for them. Nowadays there are disposable panties available. We can use them during the hospital stay.

1 person likes this.
  8. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Hi Rose,

Just wanted to give my 2 cents as I recently went through delivery. Am also part of the May 2014 club.

You will have heavy periods after delivery, for both c-section and normal delivery.
    I had taken pads, but hospital provided super size pads and I needed those super size ones for 2 weeks, then moved to normal pads.
    Hospital gave me for use there, and I requested so they gave me 1 packet to take home also.
    Hospital gives many things if you request, like nipple shields for breast-feeding moms with sore nipples, diaper rash ointments for baby, diapers for child was provided in hospital till we were there, some cloths for child which they asked me to take home also, newborn baby caps, receiving blankets which hospitals have.. etc..also comb, and baby shampoo. Make sure to ask for these.
    They also gave comfy undergarments to wear for the super size pads, it was very convenient with my c-section.

2 people like this.
  9. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Rose,

Here in US they give you some awesome industrial size pads (lol) at the hospital that are awesome and better than anything available over the counter. And you are allowed to take whatever is in your room with you. They also send you home with some mesh, disposable undies which are great too. You can also ask for extra when leaving. If you have vaginal birth, they also give you a box of small round moist pads that help keep the stitching cool and & I swear they were pure bliss & provided instant relief. Another must take is the peri bottle, a squirt bottle you can fill with warm water to use every time you use the restroom. Ok that's enough TMI for one post.

Our nurse told us any mom/baby item that is not nailed to the floor is yours to take home ;). Be sure to grab the nose bulb & hair brush for baby too.. Even the most expensive ones from store did not compare to the hospital ones.

Good to see moms are feeling good...moms having rough pregnancies, hang in there, it is all totally worth it. I guess pretty much all of us are now in the last stretch. So get much rest & pamper yourselves...I treated myself to an awesome exp manicure and use that as an excuse to get out of washing dishes :p

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for your inputs mommynow, successminded and Livinglife. Really helps. Appreciate your time.