Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Living Life and Rose, I have decided to go in the month of November itself and have signed up for it now. I have not been so active here in the forum (but still reading) since i have been having sleep issues. Am usually awake till 3pm or 4pm in the night and then sleeping all morning.

The doc actually prescribed some sleeping pills for me to help me with sleep and some stressful situations going on. I still havent gotten them and trying to go to sleep by atleast 12pm. Some days are good and I am able to sleep but some days I just sit there staring into space.

1 person likes this.
  2. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

Rose,

Please be very very careful when driving. During pregnancy, there is something called 'pregnancy brain' - which mainly means that our concentration and normal observation skills sort of come down all due to the hormones. Some reports say that its a myth but I think its possible.

Last week, I was driving home and stopped at a red light behind another car. In the next minute, I am feeling a bump and realized that I had bumped into the car in front of me (fortunately nothing happened). I still dont know if I had removed my leg from the brake or did I accelerate, I dont know how that even happened. It was quite scary and I was totally shaken for a long time.

1 person likes this.
  3. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

4. foxybeat

foxybeat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Living Life,

All that sounds soo scary. Please take care of yourself. Do get lots of rest whenever possible.

And I think you should just say in your invite 'Ladies only'. I hope the guys and kids wont come if you say that nah ? Why should you not have a baby shower cause of some co-dependent ppl. Else why dont you see if one of those ladies will host it for you in their house. Hope it works out well.

5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for your words Foxybeat. It was definitely a panicky situation and I had a reverse impact, not a forward one. I was scared of the situation and it was later that the nurse told me that forward impact is dangerous for the baby. I had tears...but little one was playing all along when they observed her for 4 hours. Thank god.

I become so fussy when I don't get enough sleep. Wonder how I'm going to manage sleepless nights later. I dreamt twice too that the baby is hungry through the night while I'm sleeping...once I sleep, it's very hard for me to get up...

So did anyone else have baby showers yet? It's usually in the 7th or 9th month right? No updates regarding the showers?

6. Sonia16

Sonia16 Senior IL'ite

Is it must that weight should increase during pregnancy?

7. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

No. As long as your baby is on track youre fine.. I know few frnds of mine looked the same except the belly part

8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

How is everyone? No updates since some time?!!!Today I had my doctors visit...went fine. I forgot to ask her about the pain I have...it's like a slight muscle ache in the joint between thighs and vagina..that too only when i lift my leg up a little high.I don't know if anyone else has it coz I don't remember reading about any such symptom. Does anyone have any idea of this? How stupid of me not to remember this when I went.

9. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hey rose,

The pain which you havementioned is very common, I myself experienced this
    when I stretch my legs, so dont worry..I am having my gtt on monday..I think now that most of us are in third trimester which is much more challenging and tiring one so how you gals are feeling.....For me my first trimester was full of morning sickness , second one was super energetic and I am going to start my third in 3 days .But now itself I am feeling more tired and zero energy..I am showing my frustration and angry towards my ds very often, sometimes I felt very bad and ended up in tears, last week I scolded him thrice and felt very guilty and emotional, is anybody there facing this..My office work also very hectic..dont know how I am goinb to handle rest of the weeks

2 people like this.
  10. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Same here Vasuma...for me the first was the most difficult till now. Constant throwing up. Second was good. Till now its ok but have to see how the third progresses. I have occasional body aches but that's tolerable and because of work the whole day. I had my gtt...lets see how it goes. Thanks for confirming that its normal. The nurse assured me as well. Since it was muscle pain, I was not too worried but just wanted a confirmation. Vasuma...don't feel guilty. Try staying away to be calm before you say anything to your DS.

1 person likes this.