1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dear Shiv Sainiks

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shiv Sainiks,
    Please don't think this is another write up on footwear that is used for purposes other than covering the feet as that is what you have been remembered for of late. While agreeing that a slipper would make ideal election symbol for you, this piece is all about a great recent achievement of yours.

Hats off to you that you have shut meat shops and non-veg restaurants in various parts of Haryana during the Navratra period. You were so effective that even KFC couldn't fry any chickens for a few days. In fact your marvelous zeal could even prevent eggs from hatching. for the chickens to have a flourishing career in ITCS (Indian Tandoori Chicken Service ) )r IBCS (Its butter chicken counterpart).

But hey haven't you guys forgotten something? Why only down the shutters of meat shops and eateries? How about vegetable shops too?

Now you may wonder what is the sin of your friendly neighbourhood sabziwalla.. Elementary my dear SS friends. Thanks to them sinful onions and garlic are passing through many p a person's alimentary, during the fasting period. So please do hound all vegetable vendors and armtwist them into not selling onions and garlic
    In fact they should stop selling onionons and garlic-- always, navratra or no navratra. As the great Hare Krishna botanists discovered onions and garlic grow from the blood of cow. so eating them makes one a closet beef eater. So anyone eating the two veggies should have their limbs broken as a saffron pal of yours promised to do to beef eaters.

And please don't stop with onions and garlic. Move further to grocery shops. How dare they sell rice and wheat flour that are taboo during the fasting period? Please bash up a couple of such sinners. That would knock some sense into them that they should sell only water chestnut and buckwheat flour during the period . Don't be scared they would call the cops. Cops of our times are the saffron boys, not the ones in khaki.
    Hope you would look into my suggestions and implement them with unbridled zeal. law of the land be damned.
    Yours sincerely.
    A great admirer of your noble deeds.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

I see what you are doing here :) Reading your post, I thought of my grandmother and her ekadasi fasting. What ever happened to that attitude? No matter what others cook or eat in the house, it is my wish to fast and so I will. Thank God for my grandma and the life lessons she taught us and continues to teach.

satchitananda likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha, fasting or going vegetarian for some religious reason is your prerogative but it doesn't mean it should be forced upon anyone. I am all for vegeratianism but I wouldn't like to point a gun at a meat eater's head and say " become a vegetarian or else..."

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

A very well humorously written message for Shiva Sainiks. Having lived in Mumbai during the period of Mumbai bomb blast in 1993 and the after effects, I am very familiar about the attitude of Shiva Sainiks. I used to drive from Kandivli to Andheri everyday and Shiva Sainiks chasing Muslim brothers to hack them to death is a regular daily event. There are days, we had to hide our Muslim neighbors' children spread across our apartments in Lokhanwala Complex so that they were not terrorized by the Shiva Sainiks entering with sickle and swords in the night knocking at the doors.

Sometimes, they stand up for the rights of humanity and sometimes, they go nuts declaring themselves as defenders of a holy religion. Many times, I wonder how to make their good part of the discipline to question the atrocities committed by the government, helping the poor in need during floods and other crisis situations, questioning the atrocities committed against women and children, the support they provide to the slum dwellers, etc. flourish and suppress their religious emotions.

Their attitude only reminds me of the question in the famous movie "Nayakan" where the grandchild asks the Don Grandfather, "Are you a good or bad man?"

Viswa

5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Visw I ndon't think SS guys ever stood up for the rights of humanity. mIf they did it is just a vote catching stunt. They did all that just to build a political base. The fact is SS is an intolerant, communal fascist organization.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,
    Enjoyed reading your humorous post on sivasainiks.
    Sivasainiks and some other Hinduthva parties are taking law into their own hands and do the moral policing. They forget that our Hinduism stands for the whole world as one family,
    "Vasudhivaka kutumbakam."
    Violence against anyone is forbidden. Any religious practice should be inside the four walls of the house. No one has the authority to say what one should eat or not.

PS

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji
    Haha.superb write.yes why only meat why not onions and garlic.
    Kamal

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

@Kamalji
    Dear Kamalji,
    I was worried not to see any posts from you since March second week. Glad to see you back here today.
    PS

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Shiv Sena - SS. Do I need to say more?

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Exactly ma'am. Religion has been brought on street by these guys and to maintain public order it needs to go back to people's private spaces. Religion should be the very private relationship between the believer and the object of his/her belief.