1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dd Dont Wanto Go To Play School

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by rajinee, Jun 29, 2016.

1. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

Hi all..
    My dd is 2.2yrs.. Got her admission into play school on 16/6/16.. First day she went To her class in first floor on her own wid out knowing dat its class n der teacher made her sit n thy said me shes sitting nicely let her sit.. I said them Im waiting here pls send her if shes crying.. But thy brot her aftr one hr n she was crying verrryyy badly.. Dat nt She got severe sore throat n fever.. Nxt day took matter To principal. She said ill tk care.. I dint send her again.. Started To send her frm 27 monday.. First day ok.. She cried dat she wont go upstairs.. But thy took her forcefully n told me its ok shes sitting fine.. Aftr 1 hr I got her bk but criwd badly.. Second day also she cried badly n dont wanto go up.. I askd aya if shes crying pls send her.. Thy bot her aftr 1/2 hr.. Today she cried soo badly n was not leaving me thy forcefully took her n said she will B ok... Aftr 1 hr I askd To send her aya told she is sitting fine teacher askd To wait aftr 5-10 min thy sent her dwn n she was crying badly n slept immediately.. I feel school staff r not so friendly.. Thy r not allowing parents To stay ther.. I thot it will B a slow transition.. But thy say if u r here thy will B Like dis.. U leave.. Wat can I do for my dd.. Shes a very active n happy go Girl other wise..
    Very Sorry for Long post.. Thanks for reading

2. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

Hi, she is jus 2.2 years, why do you want to put her in play school? Are you working?

Don t worry that she is crying. Think we were all crying to go to school. Only this generation kids say bye bye to Amma n happily goes.so she might not be ok now, but she 'll get better as she become s big

You can take a break for her till 2 half years or so, even till 3 years, then put her to pre kg. Ifyou are at home let her enjoy this time with you.

Or if you are working , you can try a different school, if its possible

rajinee likes this.
  3. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

@SCk
    Thanks dear.. Yes im wrkng full time n its not only dat but thing is she dint hv any one of her age at home r neighbours.. So I thot she will To play wid her age group kids n my mom who tk care of my dd also is not feeling well cos of slip disc thot she will get some rest n here in Hyd evry one r sending To school @2yrs only..
    To change school my thot is.. Is dis normal behaviour of kids n also school staff towards kids n as a parents am I being anxious.. If so ther will B nothing so helpful even if I change school..
    Anyways thanks a lot dear

4. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@rajinee
    I think it normal for kids to cry in the beginning. Talk to teacher & trust them, if possible send her fav toy or blanket.
    The teachers are correct, if you are staying around, they can sense it and cry a lot. You can also ask the teacher to send some pics of her, seeing them you might feel better.

My DS is going to daycare since 1 year, he used cry daily at drop off. Once he see's my car going, he will stop and will be back to play mode.

rajinee likes this.
  5. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

@viki123.. Thanks dear for reply..
    Yes even I thot its normal... But thing dat is worrying me is even aftr 1hr of stay in class wen she come dwn her face is full of tears n shes hyperventilating... N dis continues till v come bk home n she sleeps Like dat itself n even in sleep I can c her hyperventilating.. Other kids will cry wen going To class but while cmng bk I can mk out thy sat wid out crying even for a while frm their faces.. Dats bother ing me a lot..

6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

1. I think there is something tht she is nt liking in the school..talk to her and try to find out whats bothering her..
    2. With above if ur nt able to make out whats it, then ask permission to her teacher n stand outside the window n watch her without her knowledge
    3. If u dont get permission frm her teacher then, i think the best option wud be to change her school.

I guess she is facing some kinda prob with her school.. Kids can cry, thats normal but panting and hyperventilating!! I dont see as a good sign.. Talk to her more n ask about her friends/teachers and try to figure out. Dont let her pant like this everyday, its not normal for the child to cry heavily and sleep. Theres something thats bothering her.

As a last option, even though there are no kids in ur house/neighbourhood for her to play with, its ok to keep her at home for few months. If ur mom cant take care then hire a maid for child care and ur mom can monitor the maid. Since u said u r working that shud nt b a prob.

My view/opinion/advice- DONT LET UR CHILD SUFFER/CRY HERSELF TO SLEEP! U can spend few penny and make good arrangement fr her at home. there r lots of educational CDs available for 2yrs.. U can play them in ur house and she might learn also!

Take care of ur daughter!

rajinee likes this.
  7. rajinee

rajinee Silver IL'ite

@BDivya
    Thanku dear for d reply.. Yes im trying To talk abt school.. But im not able To get any info frm her may B cos she dint spend enough time still ther r she dint wanto talk abt school... still trying To figure it out.. Hiring a full time maid is not a prob of money it is Just availability dear... I hv one but left suddenly so im in hunt of other...N v got her many cds n shes already good eid dem.. I thot she will get some kids of her age To play spend for a while... My dd is my top priority dear no matter wat ever it is :blush: Thanku once again divya...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Thats gr8 to hear.. Try to hire maid asap until then may be u can take leave from office or spend either first/second half of the day with ur DD!!

9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP
    I did not understand your post completely.

Just want to say that kids cry. Its a new thing for them and also they have certain limitations at daycare/school and discpline ftrom teacher which may make then cry in the beginning. My LO was crying for 3 months every day.
    If you want to keep her in daycare/school then have some patience and wait for some time. I have seen people switching daycares but I usually do not do that. It is just matter of time and adjustment.

How long she been going? Eventually they start hating to come back. They love so much being there with other kids and toys. They are kids and find a way to be happy unlike elders :)

10. nishakapoor1231

nishakapoor1231 New IL'ite