1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dazzling Dubai : Bidding Adieu

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by amihere, Feb 3, 2010.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

It’s been long since I posted in my blog. Today I am posting the last part of my Dubai travelogue.

We just had 2 more days in Dubai. I was a bit sad since I am going to leave dad, mom and sisters and is not sure when we will have such a wonderful time together since all the five of us are in different places. On 26th We (me n DH) went to carrefour for some shopping like to buy Cookies, chocolates and some cosmetics to carry home. Then all of us went to see the Dubai Mall. Which I have heard a lot from my sister. She had warned me that there I will find ladies all dressed up like Vogue models so not to open up my mouth and stare at them:bonk. So I was so excited. It is the first time I am gonna see some of these species with red violet and brown shades together on hair with purple shades and plum red lipsticks:crazy.(NOM) The mall is something beyond explanation, it is simply marvelous.
    Dubai mall has Ice rink on which we can do skating. They conduct classes for skating too. Since all of us didn’t know skating and didn’t want our back get broken we just watched it from outside. There was this lady who despite falling many a times try to skate on the ice. I really admire her, if I was in her place I would have screamed and crawled to exit :hide:ha ha. The tunnel aquarium in Dubai mall is another attraction. They have different kind of fish including sharks and rays.I didn’t know how the time went by. It was amazing. On the top floor there is an aquarium zoo which contains different kind of sea life. Oysters, eels, jelly fish, different colored beautiful fish , flower shaped fish oh boy you gotta see it. I didn’t know sea is hiding a whole lot of wonderful and beautiful creatures in its mysterious blue depths. If you are a good diver you can go for scuba diving too. After roaming around in different shops and clicking pics we headed to see the fountain show just outside the mall. (Dubai mall has its own gold souk too). Musical fountain show is there every 40-45minutes. And it was too crowded when we got there. Finally we managed to get a place form where we can view the entire fountain. It was a fantastic show. The water jets swaying to the music and the dying down as music stops. From there you get a closer view of Burj Khalifa too. We left Dubai mall at around 7PM and hired a cab to Burj Ul Arab beach. My DH and younger sis wanted to play in beach. But knowing my mom I knew it was a waste going there, because she is too afraid to allow us to play in sea. We just walked through the sand, the feeling of the cold sand against the skin of our tired feet was good. After a few minutes there we hired a cab to our apartment for a goodnight sleep as we had to wake up early next morning for our flight.

Finally the day came for me to bid bye to Dubai. After a quick breakfast and bath we got ready and got a cab for airport. Bidding adieu to mom, dad and sisters
    we got into the Taxi. At airport we had so much time for ourselves after checking in, so we walked around the duty free shops checking out electronic items and finally buying a seven sand curio for the memory of the fun filled time. But what attracted my wow!! In airport is the sensor flush in the restroom. We just have to keep our palm on the sensor for the toilet to flush. What with these technologies, OMG! Finally at 12PM we boarded our flight and at 12.20 we took off bidding bye :waveand thanking the wonderful city of lights and towers for giving us such fond memories.

2. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Hi !
    That was a nice , detailed travelogue about Dubai. I visited Dubai last April. The malls are really awesome. I too loved that tunnel aquarium in Dubai Mall . Best of all, I liked Ibn Batuta Mall. Its entertainment +education. It was so funny to buy ticket from China to Tunisia - for a buggy ride !!!

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Dear TB thanks for dropping in and giving me my first fb. I was not able to visit the Ibn Batuta Mall and moreover DH was so frustrated with all these mall business and had warned me not to tag him along to any more:( Better luck next time.

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hey Ami

Nice read! So have you finished all the chocolates and cookies by now??? ;-). Talking of auto flush in toilets - I remember the first time while travelling, we had stop over at Singapore airport. There the toilets flush automatically and I was not aware of it. The sudden gush of water used to scare me first and I wondered and kept saying " But I am not done yet!".. :)

PS: Just noticed something here when I logged on to view the Blog List. The top 5 to 6 members are Star bearers like you!! Kewl

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Ah Dear Sree, other than dates and apricots I havent laid my hands on cookies and chocolates.All those I distributed among my friends.and a remaining bar of toblerone and Linda are still in my desk.
    Ha ha if I was at your place Iw ould have jumped out thinking something is happening ;)

6. barbies

barbies Senior IL'ite

I miss my Dubai [my home land ] other than India.

7. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi ami,
    Nice post.. In the last part, the sensor flush really amazed u uh...very recently, I was too amazed by the automatic flush in a toilet.. this one did nt even require u to place a palm.. It flushes just after u get up from the pot!! lol how funny...