1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daycare While In-laws Visit

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by MindVoice, Sep 8, 2017.

1. MindVoice

MindVoice Silver IL'ite

This may seem a very silly question, but those of you sending your children for daycare..do you continue even when your in-laws visit? Or do you stop temporarily?

When both partners work fulltime..how does it all work out?
    I'm a bit reluctant to leave the child entirely to my in-laws..but then want them to have a reasonable time together too..

So looking for options..

Similar Threads
    1. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sunshine04
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

Hi.I have never been in a situation like this but in my opinion ,you should continue sending your child to the daycare.If you stop this temporarily ,it will take the child a lot of time to get used to the daycare routine again when he goes back (assuming it wasn't easy in the first place).The daycares follow a strict schedule of naps and meals.This will get messed up.And it will create a problem for you too later.So in my opinion,don't discontinue the daycare.If you want them to have a reasonable time together,you can ask them to take the child with them on walks in stroller or to any nearby parks in the evenings and the weekends.Also,the grandparents usually over pamper the child and again this will cause you problems if you leave the child with them the whole day.This is just my opinion.

MindVoice and Vedhavalli like this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Yes, @Deborah is right they over pamper child.
    Continue the day care. If the day care is in walkable distance, maybe be grandparents can walk and pick the child little early. Eg if you pick the child at 7, they can pick him/her at 6. Additional time for the them and it won't break the child's schedule.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

How old is ur kid ?
    Do not keep ur kid with them if he understands certain things wen u say I like if u sleep with me at night ..even though I did not work wen ever I gave inlaws time with my son they just manipulated him n now the days has come wen he cries to sleep with mil.. don't do that mistake.. I know u r busy but make a point that u r present too wen the kid is with them..
    If they like to tell stories let them n play for a while outside .. weekend they can spend time...

5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

IMO,
    Send him to daycare, may be reduce the hours or 1 day. Somedays are not very flexible for temporarily off and charge flat rate for day.

You send kid to daycare, parents can relax and may be help in cooking when you are away. You come back with kid, they will be fresh and play with him while you can cook etc.

If kid stays at home, they will be tired of playing with him and tking care of him at the same time( like we are on weekends when kid is at home), so when you come home in the evening, you will have double burden. It is going to create stress on everyone.

I am not worried about them teaching kid bad things or language or not feeding our way. They are grandparents. But if you look at everyones happiness, sending to daycare for reduced time is good. Kids at 15 months are active and hard to aging grandparents to catch up their increasing energy.
    Also now fall is here, kids are going to be more sick, and holidays days off from school so grandparents will get their share.

MindVoice likes this.