Day care or babysitter in marathalli, Bangalore

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by sumalb, Jan 22, 2013.

1. sumalb

sumalb Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am planning to resume my career after delivery. My baby is 6 months old now and am hunting for a daycare or any babysitter services that I can opt for.
    Please suggest any available near marathalli, bangalore.

My mother is ready to take care of my baby till he is 1.5years old at our hometown. But then I am worried about my bonding with my baby. If he is with me I will have to put him in daycare and I am worried of how well he would be taken care of there. I am confused of what would be better.

Thanks,
    Suma

2. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Is it possible for your mother to come down to your place? Hire a nanny for your mom's help..

3. sumalb

sumalb Senior IL'ite

nope :( she is unwilling to come as someone should be there at my native to take care of my dad and house. And no one from my husbands side will come. so only option left for me is daycare.

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

If you dont have any elder to supervise, it is better to go for creche instead of babysitter/maid!!
    There are many in and around marathahalli - I pass at least 5 creches in a 1km radius :) I know parents who have kids in Tom and Jerry and Klay

BTW, not to scare you, but I received this email from one of my friends circle in Bangalore:

On Friday Jan 4th, we accidentally found out that our nanny for over a year, Lalitha Roy, had 10+ bottles of chloroform-based cough syrup in her possession. This cough syrup is not available over the counter and she has possibly bought it from Calcutta, her native place, where it is banned. The markings on the bottle had Bengali inscriptions on it. There is no prescription for this as well. We strongly suspect that she has been feeding this to our 2 year old son. Our suspicion has strengthened because he used to sometimes sleep for more than 4 hours in the afternoon and when we tried to wake him up, he was quite drowsy. We also found some other items of concern, including one of our kitchen knives, in her wardrobe. We are not sure about her intentions but we have fired her immediately.

We understand that she is still in and around this area (probably staying in Iblur / Sun City apartments area) and she may be approaching people for work. We would like you to be aware of this person and wanted to keep the rest of our community informed about this to safeguard your children and homes. We have informed the front-gate security to not let her into the premises.

At this point, we have deferred police action considering the futility of such things as well as time and other commitments that we'll need to pursue it. The agency that provided her to us, Aditya Agency, has not responded to our replacement request and they have not responded to our calls since then.

This incident has troubled us very much and we wanted to prevent such an occurrence from this person in the future. I am attaching a photo of her for your reference. If any of you need further information, please let us know.

Thanks,

Priyanka & Premil

5. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

A friend shared with me the Lalita Roy story as well. I would never hire a nanny if there was no elder to supervise the nanny at home. Daycares are pretty good. My child goes to one, but at my workplace.

But check out Little Elly, they are pretty good and lot of branches in bangalore. Vidyarambh is really nice too. Heard about Tom and Jerry too.

6. headspin

headspin Bronze IL'ite

creche/day care is ANYDAY better than baby sitter. if a baby sitter is at home, there SHOULD be someone to supervise them. atleast there is company and other kids in a creche. pls go for creche as its much safer.

apart from above incident, i even know a couple who's baby sitter used the child for begging when parents were at work.

7. sumalb

sumalb Senior IL'ite

Thank you for your insights. It really helps. However I couldn't see the picture of that lady.

8. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

I agree with all posters. If you have a babysitter, someone should be there to supervise. There are just too many horror stories you hear! I have a nanny, but I work from home, so I am there to supervise.

9. HPadman

HPadman New IL'ite

hi,

I am also looking for a telugu/hindi speaking nanny for my 6 months old baby as i need to resume my job from home.
    Please suggest me some good nanny services that i can contact.

Thanks in advance :)

10. See84

See84 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Have you or anyone you are aware of have tried this bay sitter? Even I am looking for a reliable baby sitter and any leads would help.