Day care for under 1 yr?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares' started by dsouza, Oct 27, 2010.

1. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

Hi,
    Im new to Malaysia and living in Subang Jaya(SS16 near Carrefour). Does anybody know good day care for children less than 1 yr in the area?
    I'd like one that is within walking distance (20-30mins) or at least has a bus stop nearby until I can get myself a car.
    Thanks!!

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi dsouza, welcome to KL. I am living in USj , 10minutes from Subang Jaya. I do not know any day care center for <1 year child. will survey and get back to you soon. Hope you have settled down in this place.:thumbsup Good Luck

3. jasgeorge

jasgeorge New IL'ite

Hi Dsouza
    Looking for daycare in Subang for baby under 1 is not easy especially since u have no transport. There are lots of nurseries around Subang and USJ and you have to go there personally and see if you like the place or not. Many parents are not too happy to send their babies there unless these centres have proper facilities and trained staff to care for babies.
    I know many parents who prefer to send their babies to babysitters. In this case these mums only look after your baby and maybe just another one. Rates are not cheap too especially for babies.
    Since I don't reside in SS15, I don't know of any babysitters here. Have you tried asking your neighbours if they can help you or know anyone around your area who does babysitting. Take a walk to the nearest park in your area in the evening and you might meet someone who will be able to help you. If you live in the apartments in SS16, and if there's a notice board there, do write your requirements and hope for a response.
    All the best to you, Dsouza.

4. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

Thanks JasGeorge & Preethi...My neighbours all seem to be foreign students! Ive just realized that we are surrounded by universities. Anyway, there's good bus connectivity to the Sunway Pyramid, so I might look there as well. On top of the list now is a car...

If anybody's mum out here would like to start babysitting and give it a try, please do let me know. If you also know a nanny who's looking for a job, that'll be helpful as well.

Thanks a lot!

5. jasgeorge

jasgeorge New IL'ite

Dsouza, are you already working or starting work soon? Just need to know what are the hours you are looking at and how much you willing to pay for babysitting.
    Actually. if its just a few hours, some students might want to earn some extra pocket money and come to your house to babysit. Have you considered that. Anyway will ask around to see if anyone is looking to earn some extra cash. Please do let me know how old your baby is.

6. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

Thanks Jasgeorge. My son's 8 months old and I'd like a babysitter from 8.30-6.30. If you come across anybody, please do let me know.Thanks!

7. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

hey dsouza..

have u found one for ur baby? there is one here for 6 months to 6 yrs ...6 am to 6 pm ....dont know the charges also i think mont kiara will b too far for u to travel....

lemme know if u needs their details though

Sonu

8. jasgeorge

jasgeorge New IL'ite

hello dsouza
    I spoke to a friend who lives in USJ 6. She does babysitting but unfortunately she does not want to take in anymore babies. But she knows of another neighbour who is also doing babysitting and will check with her.
    Apparently the rate for 8 month old baby is about RM700 to RM800.
    I was told by my friend that stay at home mums charge more because they look after the baby themselves (personal touch). If you were to leave your child at day care centres or nurseries than normally its the Indonesian maids who look after the baby. By the way, I'm not sure how much they charge.
    So is travelling to USJ 6 okay for you? I'm still waiting to hear from my friend and will let you know soon if its okay with her neighbour to take in one more baby.
    Keeping my fingers cross for you. :)

9. dsouza

dsouza New IL'ite

Thanks jasgeorge! Yes, 700 to 800 seems to be the rate for a full day. When u get the number, please do pass it on. I can visit her and see how feasible the commute will be. Thanks a ton again!!

10. Akkinenirockz

Akkinenirockz Bronze IL'ite

what a day has come at last ! :bonk A mother who cannot lookafter less than a year baby !

I am sorry to say this. This materialstic life killing the entire motherhoodness. 8-12months baby cant live for few hours without mother. How we leave them for the whole day ?

Can't imagine this for even a second more !

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010