1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Apr 20, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

He generally wakes up between 05.15 A.M to 05.45 A.M. The first thing he does after waking up, is to see what lies near his reach. He would be doubly glad if he finds a water bottle. Why? [1]

Then he tries waking up the old person, by calling, lightly at first and then loudly. If it doesn't help, he just pushes that lazy man up who curses at times and gets up slowly. As soon as the old person gets up, this guy would immediately show the bed, signalling him to curl it up. If unobserved, he grunts and tries lifting that up and ends up ordering. Poor old man, is left with no option than to do as ordered.

Once the bed is curled up and pillows are also kept where they have to be, this man leaves with a smile and goes quickly to the entrance, orders the door to be opened and waits impatiently till it is done.

Once opened, he starts moving very fast down the corridor, beaming with smile to see the new dawn and the pale light. One could spot a radiant glow on his face and take it as a mark of a perfect beginning.

Within a few minutes, he will enter the house back with a grunt and go to the kitchen. It is his most cherished place as of now. He will (a) open the tap of the dispenser (b) get big vessels outside (from a cup-board) - cooker is his most preferred one as of now (c) try clinging those against one another with screwed up eyes (to make jarring sounds) (d) and try his best to snatch the milk packet (his methods include asking, threatening and crying too).

Once given, he will quickly take it near the balcony and order the balcony door to be opened. Once done, he will gleefully go there and try pushing it in the hole, so that it falls down. Infact he has done that to many things, the last tilldate is a coconut. Since we live at an altitude, the coconut broke, once it reached the ground.

You would have guessed by now, that it is my son (who is less than one and a half now) and the poor old man mentioned above, is myself.

[1] About why he is so happy to find the water bottle - he unscrews the cap and pours it beside him and try splashing. It was quite a bit of fun to look at his face the other day, when he poured all the water in the bed and searched where it all went.

2. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh...So nice of your son....hope you are enjoying yourself with his cute activities...

Uma

3. rgsrinivasan

Wow! That was a fast feedback Uma. Thanks. Yes. I do. And at times, its too taxing, you know. His mom gets up earlier, so he just wakes the lazy dad! -rgs

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

:biglaughRGS,

LAZY DADDYAND CHEERFUL SON. VERY NICE AND YOU HAVE NARRATED ASTHOUGH YOU ARE WRITING A STORY.ENJOYED A LOT

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciative feedback Sreema. I oppose being called "lazy", alas! can't help being one. -rgs

6. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Very well narrated RGS! Enjoyed reading it.

God bless your child!

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks very much for your wishes and feedback AbhiSing. -rgs

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

You seem to enjoy all what your ds does RGS...and it definitely shows in your words...

[​IMG]

He too will for sure.... have a lot of childhood memories to write about ....

Happy days ahead !!!!!!
    [​IMG]

At first i thought you were writing about you as a kid and your grandpa...:rotfl(except for the dispenser...)

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

RGS,

I know what a tough demand it must be on your aged bones to cope with this hyperactive little fella. :rotfl Wow, the way you went on about how old you were, I was trying to imagine who you were talking about.

It must be so delightful to watch the antics of the little one. Has he started talking too?

Waiting to hear more about him.

10. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Hi Srini,

That was a very humourous one...I'm a victim of it to...for you it is balcony...for me it is the main gate...:).

Enjoyed reading it!!