Dav Adambakkam vs Navadisha vs Arsha vidya mandir

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by sherlock12005, Dec 28, 2013.

1. sherlock12005

sherlock12005 New IL'ite

hi,

I would like to know which one is good in studies and extra curricular activities of the three schools dav adambakkam, navadisha and arsha vidya mandir.

navadisha is a montessori so how the learning will be. as i am new to this montessori concept plz explain it.
    also i heard the higher will be of cbse instead of icse and so how could the students cope it

how about arsha vidya mandir. how the teaching and the fees structure

how about dav adambakkam . do they have extra curricular activities ?

Plz guide me on to these schools . plz provide the details of fees structure, academic and the admission process of these three schools

thank you

2. Harunvel

Harunvel New IL'ite

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I read this recently..and this should help..Good Luck[/FONT]

Please keep posted on your application as I too seek admitting my kid for LKG in Navadisha ,
    Arsha vidya mandir or Akshayah
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hey All - [/FONT]
    My Daughter born on 16/2/2011 and would complete 3 years 4 months by June 1 2014.I have been always very keen to provide her the best in everything.For the last 1 year I have been on the look out of schools for her and had gathered many info.I was very strict not to send her to any playschool until she completes 2.5 years in August 2013.Right now,she is going to Pre kg in MARG Vidhyala(Play School) at Baby Nagar temporarily until April 2014 and would be ready to go to her proper school from June 2014.
    I am staying in my own house near TCS velachery and most likely will stay in the same place until my daughter finishes her school education(very less chances of moving out of city/location).we are also from a typical middle class background who is ready to shell out 60 -70k every year to school if it's actually worth it.With this said,here are my top criteria for finding the suitable school for her
    1) Distance from Home - Didn't want her to spend 1hr + every day commuting in Busy city traffic
    2) School going should be a pleasant experience and she should enjoy it3) School should mold her as a intelligent student and help her excel in her interests4) School which respects and treats parents in a fair manner and be transparent in their process
    5) School should have basic extra curricular/co curricular activities and have proper facility
    6) School should have shown good results and has track record for quite some years
    7) School fees should fall in our budget and not be too money minded 8) School should develop right attitude/discipline/humbleness to student and not make them Showoff's
    I personally visited all the schools with in 5 km radius and also spoke with approx 20 people which includes parents/old students to collect many details about each of them.
    CBSE Schools - Rejected
    DAV Adambakkam - 1/2/4 not met
    DAV velachery - 2/4/8 not met
    SAN Academy - 1/6/7 not met
    St Brittos - 1/7/8 not met
    Sunshine - 1/4/6/7 not met
    Pon vidyasharam - 1/3/5/7 not met
    Navadisha - 1/4 not met
    Dav Baba - 1/3/5/6 not met
    ICSE Schools - Rejected
    Sharanalaya - 1/5/6 not met
    Ashram - 1/6 not met
    Matriculation Schools - Rejected
    Bethel - all criteria met but school has so much variety background of students
    AGM - 2/5 and and school has so much variety background of students
    Gurunanak - 1/3 not met and school has so much variety background of students
    St Savios - 3/5/6 not met and and school has so much variety background students
    Viswabarathi/sivasakthi/David - these schools exists but below my need of standards
    Shortlisted Schools
    Vanavani matric Inside IIT campus.All criteria met but school admission is too much politics and very difficult for general public like me.
    Arsha Vidya mandir 1) not met and probably the Best CBSE school around velachery
    IIT KV Inside IIT campus.All criteria met but school admission is too much politics and very difficult for general public like me.Also no prekg or LKG and has classes only from 1 std.
    Final Decision:I have Decided Akshaya Matriculation School near Vijayanagar Bus stand as the final one.My Daughter has cleared interview(-;)) and have got admission.All my criteria met but the only downside is this is a Samacheer kalvi(state board) syllabus School. However after my discussion with principal,feeling confident the additional subjects they have from 1st makes the syllabus equivalent to CBSE standard.
    Thanks for reading this long post..the only reason i wrote all this is to share my experiences.Every parent/kid has their own needs and my analysis might not be directly helpful to all.Please share your views/questions/feedback on this school analysis project and my decision

1 person likes this.
  3. adishree

adishree New IL'ite

wonderful and very useful information, I appreciate your effort.