1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daughter in law created by God, chosen by the sons,tobe loved, cherished and valued

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by iyerviji, Aug 7, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My husband's family is blessed to have daughters in law from different caste but now become a family member adjusting, caring and loving with everyone in the family. In his family there are two Maharashtrian daughters in law, one Kannadian, One Bengali and One Malayalee

The two Maharashtrians are of my two brothers in law . The elder one has made her husband responsible. They both do catering work and from the money that they received she saved and has bought a house. She has two sons who study well. She is very adjusting to everyone and loving and caring daughter in law . She knows to wear nine yards saree alone and never fails to attend any function in our family. Also takes interest to know about what all food we make and our culture.

The second brother in law's daughter in law is also a Maharashtrian. When she got married her mother in law had already died. She takes care of her father in law as her father and adjusts with him in everything. Slowy with her love and care she got his affection as earlier he was not so happy because she is not of our caste . He used to not allow her to cook because he likes only south indian food. His son had already told his wife about his father and that she needs to adjust a lot and should have patience.

But now she has become a South Indian daughter in law. Has learnt to cook for death anniversary, mangili pondugal, wears nine yards for death anniversary and mangili pondugal. Last year and this year she only cooked during my co sister in law's death anniversary. Last year for mangili pondugal she cooked. She makes appam very nicely, crisp dosas. She gives respect to me and my husband also. She takes good care of me when we are out. She knows my health problems, does not allow me to do much work. She is also ready to learn everything. Of late she has started cooking and whatever she cooks my brother in law eats and feels happy that he has got a good daughter in law and does not miss his wife as his dil takes good care of him.

My sister in law has Malayalee daughter in law and takes good care of her. My sis in law has health problems and is old , so she gives everything in hand, medicines , food etc. She has also learnt about our culture and cooks our food. Her father in law is no more. They are staying in Kerala and have a big house and backyard which is full of trees of different kind, Plantain tree, Jackfruit tree, Coconut tree, different kind of flowers and she takes good care of the trees. They had a cow also and she used to milk the cow. Now they dont have

My another sis in law's daughter in law is Kannada and is a working women. The above daughter in law's are not working, so they are able to devote their whole time for the house. Since this dil is working she has less time for the house but she is very simple and respects her in laws and adjusts wtih the family.

Last but not the least is my daughter in law who is a Bengali. She is also a working woman and has less time . She respects us a lot and whenever my son comes down as he is abroad since two years , she makes it a point to take us out for dinner or lunch. She knows I am very fond of eating out . So whenever she takes me out she makes me taste different variety of food. She knows my son loves us very much , so always tells him to keep in touch with me and also updates me about him whenever he is on tour.

We are blessed with loving and caring daughters in law.
    View attachment 221677

Attached Files:

8 people like this.

2. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Re: Daughter in law created by God, chosen by the sons,tobe loved, cherished and valu

Deam mam

Touch Wood. Am surprised the way your family is. Unique example of "Unity in Diversity". :)God bless your Family.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Re: Daughter in law created by God, chosen by the sons,tobe loved, cherished and valu

@sangeethakripa, Sangeetha dear hugs to you for giving the first fb and making my day and bringing a smile on my face. Yes Sangetha I am blessed to be a part of this family with loving and caring members.Thanks for your wishes and compliments

3 people like this.
  4. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

Hello Mam,

In the entire post you told all your DIL's are very adjusting and caring. I think along with all your DIL's good heart, your family also have a great heart to accept them. Happy to see such a great family.

4 people like this.
  5. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Lovely family ..really one should be blessed to have happy family .

2 people like this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Maam,

You and your husband's family also as good as the DILs , so you all have love and respect for each other. very nice to know.

You remember and enjoy the small things like your DIL takes you out for dinner etc. Other DILs cooked for ceremonies, you acknowledge, remember and praise them (how much DIL might have satisfied by this), so nice family.

2 people like this.
  7. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

@iyerviji,

Happy to know about your happy family which is like "Bharat Vilas". Hearing and Seeing lots of bad things around us,it is good to hear about a happy family.

May God be with your family always. Take care ma

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Archana11 welcome to the thread thanks for your appreciation.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@paramlav welcome to my thread , you are right I feel blessed to be a part of happy family

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@KashmirFlower thanks for the compliments