1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dasavatharam- A Review

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bhooma, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

got a chance to see Dasavatharam Preview show yesterday. thanks to the director!!

For die hard Kamal fans - its a MUST .. for Kamal fans .. its worth a dekho... for everybody .. you gotta see it .. atleast for the awesome make up, the graphics , the direction and Mallika sherawat!!! Boy .. doesnt she look good :)

Kamal as the "gora: killer, Kamal as the Iyengar Paati, Kamal as the bumbling Police officer, Kamal as ..... I can go on and on... HE IS JUST SUPERB.. the make up is awesome... It took me a long time to realise that it was Kamal !!!!

But on the flip side ... felt there was too much of Kamal...

But go and see it once folks ... atleast to admire how one man can endure so much of trouble just to bring life into his characters...

cheers

Bhooma

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks bhooma for the sneak preview..trying for the tickets on phone booking for the last one hour...hope to see it this weekend...

Mindi

3. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi booma,

Lucky yaar! Esp. to get a preview ticket for a most expected movie like ' 10 avatar'. I guess you are the first IL member to see the movie.
    Somehow, I hated his "Hey Ram", be'cos of too much presence of him.
    Anything to eat or to see too much at a stretch…really sucks.<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> Witsend<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>However, I am looking forward to watch his latest for technical aspects.

4. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Wow..thank you for a preview..Hope i watch it soon..

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

hmm.. I hate to see him in few scenes itself.. you say a bit too much of him.. Big LaughBig Laugh

hmm.. premiere shows starts today in NJ, supriya.. if you are a kamal fan ;)

I might go saturday .... I have shyamalan's movie releasing tomorrow :mrgreen:

6. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Yes Krithika ; though the theme of 'Hey Ram' was interesting, it became too much of importance to him. Other characters were just for name-sake, reduced to nothing important .

Same way I felt about Anbe Sivam too ; the storyline, emotions, how people judge by appearance, Madhavan's role everything was good ----- but it became overdose Witsendof Kamal + Kiran [useless ...no looks, no acting :bang ] in the middle and took the movie in a boring tangent ....and ruined it totally !

Let's see how his new 'avataaram' turns out !!

7. Ramya2912

Ramya2912 Bronze IL'ite

Dasavatharam-

Hi

Can anyone tell me if Dasavatharam is being released in singapore if yes then in which theatre..Eagerly waiting to see this movie..

8. paddhu

paddhu New IL'ite

Thanks Bhooma. I am a diehard fan and already booked the tickets for the week end. But I saw one review which rated this movie as Average. Your review sound very encouragingBow

9. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Wow you already saw it ! Smoke coming out of my ears !!!!!

I think i will be able to see only next week. But i will definitely see because he usually takes so much effort on make-up and sets.

Only sometimes he will act like saying " Look look what a great actor i am " like that.

Just like for Shivaji, the TV channels are making so much noise, i am sure everyone, even if they dont know language, will see it once !

10. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Bhooma aunty Bhooma aunty am i not ur best friend? What a nice feel it would be for you if you thank the director once again for getting me a ticket? :crazy

Jokes apart, thanks for that encouraging note on the movie. Bow I am looking forward to watch the movie tomorrow. :banana I am a die die die hard fan of Kamal sir n however his movies are, they will only get, ‘padamna ipdithaan irukanum’ from me every time, all the time. So better i say that now itself n keep my mouth shut after watching the movie. :hide:

Love
    Meena