Dasa Sandhi Dosham

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by manjumnair, Aug 20, 2007.

1. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

In matching the horoscopes for Marriages, there are mainly three areas considered by Kerala astrologers : Papa Samyam, Poruthams and Dasa Sandhi....

But what does this Dasa Sandhi actually mean? Also, when mine and my husband's horoscopes were matched during marriage time, astrologers in the Central part of Kerala like Ernakulam were adamant on Dasha Sandhi matching... but when it came to our part, ie, Southern districts of Kerala like Kottayam, Alappuzha and Pathanamthitta, most of them told that if all other poruthams are good, they do not take Dasa Sandhi into account much...

Also, I read in some astro websites that only in Kerala, Dasa Sandhi is checked... Is this right ?

Can any one give an advice...

2. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Manju,

I am a qualified astrologer. During my study, I have learnt about Dasha Sandhi and would like to brief you in short.

You must be aware that we all have to go through dasha periods in life. Each planet has got its own dasha period. For ex. Venus 20 yrs, Mercury 17 yrs and so on. The end period of each dasha is supposed to be not very pleasing. It also depends on the aspect, position and ownership of the planets.

If this ending period comes within one year after marriage, it may bring lots of sufferings. So, we take this in to consideration while mathcing horoscopes. And this is called Dasha Sandhi.

1 person likes this.
  3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thank you for your kind reply.... So i understand, if the ending period of the dasas of both husband and wife comes within one year after marriage only, there is dasa sandhi dosham.

My doubt is, if the dasas of both the partners end with a time interval, say 3 months (not with in one year after marriage), may be after 10 years after marriage, does this also mean 'Dasa sandhi'. For example, if the man's 'Sani' ends by Feb 2010 and wife's 'Sukra' dasa ends by May 2010, does this causes Dasa Sandhi Dosham, even if they are married for 10 years?

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

No, need not worry.

Astrologers like me match horoscopes keeping all this in view. Imagine both are undergoing Ketu dasha at the same time or say Shani Dasha or some malefic planets antar dasha...

I had a client who had three family members undergoing Saturn Dasha. They were going through a very pathetic phase. To avoid such tragedies, one has to match horoscopes from all angles.

Remember for every illness there is cure. So, if there is any adverse phase in your horoscope there are remedies too.. So need not worry. :)

5. poojarajpal21

poojarajpal21 New IL'ite

Dear Malspie,

Hi, my name is Pooja and I am from Bangalore
    I have been trying to read up on dasha sandhi on the net and that's where i came across your profile. It would really help me if you could guide me on dasha sandhi or help me with an astrologer proficient in this domain. i havnt met any astrologer in Bangalore who is proficient in this area.
    I am not very familiar with this forum and am a little uncomfortable sharing details here.
    Please do help me find a way...
    Thank you so much,
    pooja

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2009
  6. VidyaRahul

VidyaRahul New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Vidya. i came accross this website and found it very informative.

I would like to know more about Dasa Sandhi and its remedies. If Dasa Sandhi occurs for a term of 5 months after 21 years of marriage, would it be a problem? Some astrologers claim that the horoscopes should not be matched. But I heard that there are remedies for this too. Could you please advise what are they?

Looking forward to hearing from you at the earliest.

Thanks,
    Vidya

7. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Me and my hubby are with same star (Bharani). Will we get this dosham?

Can you please provide ur thoughts.

Waiting for ur reply,
    Lavanya

8. kanika786

kanika786 New IL'ite

My Husband date of birth(12-05-1972) is having Rahu Mahadasha and Jupiter Antardasha.He is suffering alot in terms of Business,personal,health,wealth,&physical . When business come money is not there to full fill that business secondly lots of people make him fool, I mean they take advantage of his simplicity. Person come for any thing when they dont get anywhere. I mean to say people opt him as a last option. He is running three business but no one runs.He is on road even a roadside people are earning but he doesent.He dont have any bad habit but he is into financialcrises. jupiter antardasha expires on 29-11-2012 and then shani dasa come for 3 yrs.Please suggest some remedies if anybody.

9. harishsn

harishsn New IL'ite

Just from the stars you cannot estimate the Dasha Sandhi.
    However, what you do have is Madhyama Rajju dosham. Pls check with an astrologer.

10. harishsn

harishsn New IL'ite

Hi,

I have a question. If there is a dasha sandhi coming up for the husband and wife say in 2030, what is the parihaaram to keep the ill effects away?
    Rgds