1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

dark skin under joints- legs, arms, thighs

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by feminine, Jan 17, 2012.

1. feminine

feminine New IL'ite

Hi guys,
    i have real dark complexions under the joints whether its where the thighs join or my underarms esp underarms.. i am following wax schedule religiously, tried bleaching, tried besan+ lemon +milk remedy .. nothing seems to work.

its getting worse each day .. need help?:drowning

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

I came across these tips for whitening dark skin on underarms, inner thighs, elbows...

Hope you find them useful...

Rub lemon slices on your armpits.

Use alum powder instead of deodorants. After a shower rub some baking soda on your armpits.

Apply vitamin E oil on your armpits.

Make a paste using 1 tsp of lime juice, 1 tsp of cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it on dark skin and rinse after 20 minutes. This is a very effective remedy and so you should use it at least four times a week. Lime juice is acidic in nature and will help to get rid of any excess sweat, oil, and grime on the surface of your skin. It will also help to get rid of the upper layer of dead skin. The cucumber juice in this remedy will help to soothe the chaffed skin and aid the healing process. Turmeric is well known for its effectiveness in treating minor skin problems due to its high antioxidant levels and helps to reduce skin discoloration.

Rubbing raw potato juice on the skin is also an effective home remedy. Potato juice contains natural bleaching properties that can help in restoring the fairness of dark skin. Similarly tomato also has great bleaching properties and rubbing raw tomato slices for at least 10 minutes every day can help lighten skin considerably.

1 person likes this.
  3. feminine

feminine New IL'ite

Hi rkgurbani,
    i have tried lemon slices and the concoction of besan, lemon, turmeric (i forgot to add earlier)+milk.
    it didn't work. now i have moved to hostel , so home remedies are even more difficult :(
    i could never myself understand the tanning thing. i had started using body scrub daily but that becomes too harsh everyday so i stopped .
    any more help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

4. Luvpavi

Luvpavi Silver IL'ite

Nice tips..
    Sure will try it out :)
    Thanks...

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

A tip from a friend who runs a Beauty Saloon - Apply Lacto Calamine. I am sure this will help you. Avoid using a razor and hair-removing creams to remove underarm hair. Waxing is good as it helps to pull out the loose and dead skin as well.

1 person likes this.
  6. satyaharitha

satyaharitha New IL'ite

Thanks for the tips.I will try it .

7. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dry some lemon peels and orange peels and powder finely. This mixed with moong besan or multani mitti can be used for scrubbing those areas three times a week. Dark Skin will lighten.

1 person likes this.
  8. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

nice tipssssssssssssssss

9. Pravijay

Pravijay New IL'ite

Hi !!!
    Do try rubbing tomatoes on the dark areas. It really works. My cousin sister used to get these dry and dark patches on the skin regularly. But thanks to tomatoes her problems are solved!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

very nice tips.. i will try it.. :)