1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Green Diarriah-- Urgently I Need Your Suggestions

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Ooviya, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi, My baby is just 10 months old. last 6 days having diarriah.. so first gave probiotics n zinc.. then did stool test.. it showed mild infection n lactoose intolerance.. so v started antibiotics.. after it her stool colour changed into dark green.. my doc. told reduce BM only.. My dd taking BM only till.. no formula, no cows milk and no tined foods.. she is passing 7-8 times over 24 hrs.. but passing like 3-4 teaspoons.. Am worrying lot .. that colour of stool?? Am waiting for ur replies...

2. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

Tough. Yes NO BM. Where are you living??.India or abroad??..wherever you are, try rice based cereal in thin form without adding milk. You can safely give it even 3 to 4 times a day. If she can consume curds well and good. You can add a few spoons of it to the cereal with salt and feed. What antibiotic did you give her??. The infection if untreated, is suppose to get washed out depending on the potency of the bacteria/virus in a couple of days, provided no secondary infection is developed. Best wishes and blessings for your lil one to recover at the earliest.

Ooviya likes this.
  3. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Am giving curd.. BM frequency is reduced..but giving.. she wont take anything else.. what can i do?? taking arrowroot kanci n rice kanchi too

4. Rukmini78

Rukmini78 New IL'ite

hi,
    Take 1tsp ajwain, 2-3 garlic cloves crush it well and 1 beetle leaf and grind all this with water to fine liquid and filter it and take a tsp of this and dilute it with water to about half a glass and try giving 1tsp. And also add honey or sugar to just sweeten it a bit. Don't worry, I wish for speedy recovery for your LO.

Ooviya likes this.