1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. kavana

kavana New IL'ite

Re: The very best Dandruff Home Remedy ...

If we use lemon juice our hair turns to white color Is this true?

2. jelaja

jelaja New IL'ite

Dear Suni,

Thank you for the post, good tips and easy to follow, but will the usage of lemon lead to grey hair?

Jelaja

3. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Kavana & Jelaja, thanks for your FB ... Lemon does not turn our hair grey ... For your info. I have forwarded some Shanaz hussain tips ... Pls. have a look and hope it helps you ... and clears your doubt too...

Beautician Shahnaz Hussain offers beauty tips and answers queries. You can send your queries to shahnaz_press@yahoo.co.in

I am 18. For the last six years, my hair has stopped growing. I have consulted many doctors, undergone many treatments and used many oils but in vain. For the past eight months, I am applying oil only on Saturday and washing it off on Sunday. Is there any chance of my hair growing again?Maya
    The growth of hair depends on genetic/hereditary factors. Also, hair that is curly or frizzy looks shorter than it actually is. I think diet and regular care are important for healthy hair growth. You should wash your hair more than once a week, since it attracts dirt and pollutants. Wash it at least three times a week, using less shampoo and rinsing well with water. Oil the hair once a week. Mix one teaspoon of castor oil with one tablespoon of pure coconut oil. Heat it and apply at night, using cotton wool. Leave it on overnight. Have a small bowl of sprouted kala chana and mung daily. Ask your doctor to prescribe vitamin and mineral supplements.

I am 30. I use a medicated soap to wash my face (twice daily). I used to apply curd on my face. Since it left some parts dry, I started applying it on my cheeks and a combination of curd and honey on my forehead and chin. Once a week I scrub my face with rice powder. My face still lacks glow. Any facial results in pimples. What is the routine care for my skin? I have shoulder-length, frizzy hair and do not use henna. In spite of oiling on alternate days and using a quality shampoo/conditioner, my hair falls and lacks lustre. I exercise regularly and follow a normal diet with adequate fluid intake.Sandy
    Curd helps an oily skin, which is prone to pimples. Honey is a natural mosituriser, which suits all skin types. So, you can mix curd with honey and apply it on the entire face. Twice a week use a facemask. You can mix three teaspoons of oatmeal with one teaspoon each of honey, curd and egg white or rose water. Apply it on the face and wash it off with water after 20 minutes. The diet is important for a glowing complexion and healthy hair. Include fresh fruits, raw salads, sprouts, unsweetened curd, whole grains and fruit juices diluted with water in your daily diet. Exercise daily; it helps cleanse the system, improve blood circulation and reduce stress. Using a conditioner after shampoo would help soften the hair. Weekly henna treatment would also help. Ask your doctor to prescribe vitamin and mineral supplements.

I am 18 and my problem is marks left by pimples. I have tried many creams, with no result. Please suggest a treatment to get rid of the marks and pits from my face. Shilpa
    It is easier to treat pimples than the marks and pits left behind. That is why timely treatment of pimples is advisable. Pits form due to destruction of skin tissue, or they may be open pores. However, if you do not have pimples now, you can use the rice powder and curd treatment daily on the marks and pits. In case there are pimples, do not apply the mixture on them. After applying it on the marks and pits, rub gently on the skin, using tiny circular movements, first clockwise and then anti-clockwise. Leave it on for a few minutes and wash it off with water. Veg peel helps treat marks and pits, but several sessions at a beauty clinic may be needed. You can also consult a cosmetic/plastic surgeon about it. Microdermabrasion may help.

I am 34. I have oily skin and an acute dandruff problem. What kind of facial should I have in winter and summer? I have never tried any facial so far. I have lots of grey hair and apply henna with beetroot. I want to know whether I can use lemon juice for my hair. People say lemon turns the hair grey. I also want to know what "kardi" oil is. — Anjana
    First, you should have the dandruff treated, because it undermines the health of hair. You can apply one tablespoon of vinegar on the scalp, massaging it lightly into the skin of the scalp. Wash your hair after half an hour. You should wash your hair three to four times a week, using a mild herbal shampoo. Wash your comb, pillow cover and towel daily in warm soapy water, adding one teaspoon of Savlon antiseptic solution. Heat oil and apply once a week at night, leaving it on overnight. Lemon juice can be used on the hair. It does not turn the hair grey. We have been using lemon juice in hair treatments for the last 35 years. In fact, adding lemon juice to henna helps brighten the colour. Kardi oil is safflower oil. It is a highly stable oil and is rich in Vitamin E. For the face, you can apply honey whenever it is dry. Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of lemon juice and apply it daily, washing it off after 20 minutes. It would also help oily skin. If you go in for a salon facial, avoid facial massage and application of creams. Have cleansing, toning and mask. When you mix henna, add amla to it. Amla is said to check greying. Soak a handful of dry amla in about two to three cups of water overnight. Next morning, strain the water, but do not throw it away. Grind the amla. To the henna powder, add the ground amla, four teaspoons each of lemon juice and coffee, two raw eggs and enough amla water, so that it can be mixed into a thick paste. Apply this on the hair, so that the entire head is covered. Keep it on for two hours and wash it off with water.

I am 18 and am suffering from severe hair loss. Is it due to dandruff or lice? I have taken a lot of medication to get rid of lice, but in vain. Please suggest a remedy. Radhika
    There are shampoos and lotions that help remove lice. But, you will have to get the nits (eggs) removed by hand, one by one. You will have to get somebody to do it for you. If the eggs remain, the lice will never go. Have henna treatment (suggested earlier in this column) once a week. Add four teaspoons each of lemon juice and coffee, two raw eggs, one teaspoon of ground methi seeds and enough curd to the henna powder, mixing it into a thick paste. Apply on the hair and wash off after an hour. If you do not wish to use egg, add more curd. This will help treat dandruff and lice.

<WEB></WEB>
    Regards, Suni ... :)
    <!-- Bottom Template Starts --><!-- story ends -->

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  4. madhuriss

madhuriss New IL'ite

Thank you Suni for sharing with us such useful tips and also for providing Shahnaz Hussain's email ID.
    I'll try one of the suggested dandruff treatments.
    I hope it will help me in getting rid of the dandruff.

5. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

You are Welcome Madhuriss ... Regards, Suni ... :)

6. rb020606

rb020606 New IL'ite

Nice. :) Thanks for the wonderful tips Suni.

7. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

You are welcome RBO ... Regards, Suni ... :)

8. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Dear suni,

Thanks for sharing the useful tips...Bow

with luv,
    seeba.

9. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

You are welcome Seeba ... Regards, Suni ... :)

10. sheelasimon

sheelasimon New IL'ite

Re: dandruff issues

dear neha

use 'conaderm' shampoo
    1 st week use every day
    2nd week alternative days
    3rd week twice a week
    4th week once a week

next month as and when required......

you can see amazing result!:thumbsup