1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff Problems & Solutions

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vatsi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. malathi0874

malathi0874 Silver IL'ite

Dear friend,
    you can follow some of the followings to prevent dandruff.

1. Soak methi seeds overnight. Grind them to a paste using the some of the same water the next morning. Apply this paste to the scalp and leave it there for about half an hour. Wash hair thoroughly making sure that no residue is left behind.

2. Curd works wonders for removing dandruff. Apply it on the scalp and keep it for about 15 minutes before washing.

3. Using a teaspoonful of fresh lime juice as a last rinse during your hair wash is a good remedy for dandruff caused by an oily scalp. It also helps in removing stickiness. You can try this once a week.

4. Boil a beetroot in water. Massage this boiled water on your scalp every night before sleeping. Choose a white beet for the purpose as the red variety is sure to stain the pillows.

5. Take two tablespoons of green gram powder and mix it with half a cup of curd. Use this solution to wash your hair. Do this twice in a week for fast results.

6. Mixing apple cider vinegar and water equally and applying it to your scalp with a cotton swab also is useful.

Follow these remedies religiously and you will notice a difference in no time.

2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

I am going to try these!! However I have seen, I use to have more of this dandruff problem in India. Post shifting to US, this is reduced a lot !!

3. Kirty

Kirty New IL'ite

Hello People,

Dandruff is such a messy thing. It is creating a lot of problems for me. I have got slightly wet kind of dandruff which is affecting my face and back as well. Wherever this dandruf is falling, that is either my face or my back some acnes come up. I am seriously tired of this. My face and back is completely damaged because of these acnes as they leave a black mark behind. Please suggest some remedies :(

4. eva44

eva44 New IL'ite

Hey all.please help me out with my dandruff problem guys.I have mild dry dandruff and that is causing my hairfall and I have tried using lemon in hair mask which led to more hairfall.I dont want to use lemon so suggest me the other remedies.

What kind of oil should I use?
    What hair mask do you prefer?
    Tell me the things that worked for you

5. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

Hi eva..don't worry..grind coconut with pepper..to grind nicely u can add lil milk..either strain the milk out or u can take the thick form or coconut pepper mix and apply it on scalp and then on hair. leave it for one hour and then rinse it..if u want, u can apply shampoo after that or leave it as it is as your hair will be oily due to coconut...follow this weekly once or twice to get better result..

All the best..

1 person likes this.
  6. mariechin1234

mariechin1234 New IL'ite

Re: Dealing With Dandruff

Wash your hair thoroughly and use products you are not allergic with.

1 person likes this.
  7. eva44

eva44 New IL'ite

Thanks for the suggestion.can u suggest me the shampoo?does organic shampoos fights for dandruff? I am using sls shampoos so far..dont think they are working..my dry dandruff is getting worser day by day.I dont want to wash my haor frequently.I restricted to two times per week so that my hair doesn't loose its natural balance.
    Help me please.I have dry scalp and dry dandruff at present

8. priyabio

priyabio New IL'ite

Re: Home Remedies for Dandruff

Hi,

Biotique bio margosa Shampoo for Dandruff try this shampoo.Bio bhringraj hair oil for falling hair.

Thanks

9. afrah15

afrah15 New IL'ite

[h=3]Drink a TON of water, do not pick or scratch your scalp, and i suggest laying off having too much wheat and sugar in your diet. Also, try not to take really hot showers. I know.[/h]

Beauty Tips

10. yogakriya7

yogakriya7 New IL'ite

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum. I am of Telugu background, and my parents both have straight hair. My mother has very thick straight hair, and my father has slightly wavy medium thickness hair. When I was a child, my parents had the tonsure (head shaving) ceremony for me (puttentikallu), and my hair has been UGLY ever since. I was born with REALLY soft curls; now, I have VERY tight curls that are REALLY dry and brittle. My hair is incredibly thick and coarse, and no amount of oiling (even after 16 years) has been able to help my hair. For my Telugu ladies out there, if I shave my head one more time (Tirupati ceremony), would it grow back softer, like my baby hair? My hair went from completely soft to bristly and unmanageably thick and dry. I want to have my baby hair back; how do I get it back?!?!? Again, the question is, will shaving my head give me back my soft curls?