1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Dandruff issues pls help

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by feya, Jan 26, 2012.

1. feya

feya Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

I seem to b having serious dandruff problems off late,i hav tried many home remedies like curd,lemom also fenugreek paste,nothing seems to wrk,only thing thing i catch cold d next day i try something like this. plssss help me out, i seem to b losing lots of hair.

Cheers,
    Feya

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

how long have you been having this problem??yes the side effects of dandruff is loosing hair...

did you try neem leaves? just get as many neem leaves as possible, make a paste out of them...apply to hair...and see the result...

use some neem shampoos..

try changing your pillow case and towels you use almost alternate days..

I dont know if you hearedd about this...saambrani!!dhoop....wash your hair with areetha or soap nuts..and then put the saambraani dhoop (this way you wont catch cold due to the saambraani and gives good smell to hair and it has antiseptic property!!)

3. ali

ali Bronze IL'ite

I do this way: take neam leaves, wash the leaves and make a fine paste with the leaves. take fresh allovera stem peal out the skin and add the pieces to the neam paste, put some curd in it and make all them a paste add some lemon juice and mehendi also. apply the paste ,wait for 15 minutes and wash it, if you can make it continuously for one week you will get very good result.

4. feya

feya Bronze IL'ite

Thanks so much sri n ali. I always had dandruff issues but not so intense. for past 3 mths its so severe, also itching @ times. i havent tried neem paste yet, but does d leaf go off fully after wash? wat abt d smell?

5. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

you can try methi soaked in curd....soak methi seeds overnight in cup of curd...next day grind this and make a runny paste and apply to hair...its such a good hair mask that it helps to control / remove whatever dandruff you have but as it provides moisturization to your hair...dandruff wont return back...

neem paste wont leave any smell...if you are doubtful about applying the paste..why not grind the leaves in to some liquid...pour the liquid in a bucket of water and have hair bath with that water.....main thing here is..as neem is antiseptic it helps to clean off any itchy patches or hair fall causing bacteria...

To control dandruff you need to stick to one regime....and do it consistenly for couple of months..

I usually have this dandruff issue during winter because hair gets dry etc....but not that intense any more...I apply henna or this methi curd paste on alternate weekends....its a must thing atleast once in a month...

6. koolgirl2000

koolgirl2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Dandruff can be caused because of dry hair, if you are not applying oil everyday then do so.
    Use Anti dandruff shampoo, it really works.Don't apply lemon directly on your head instead squezee the lemon and apply that on your head using cotton.

Sheetal

7. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Although dandruff is not contagious and is rarely a serious ailment, it can be embarrassing and surprisingly persistent. Enzymes can be used to improve the functioning of the sebaceous glands by improving the body's ability to digest fats, improve nutrient absorption, reduce excess yeast in the body, and improve the health of the skin. Says.. Tom Bohager, President of Enzymedica, USA

What is the difference between Dandruff and Nits?

8. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Feya,

You can try Himalaya's brand of Anti Dandruff shampoo... It really works...

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

10. business123

business123 New IL'ite

Thank you so much for these tips.