1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Daily menu updates-PCOS,Thyroid and other hormonal imbalances

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by JGVR, Oct 30, 2012.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I was suffering from PCOS and thyroid for nearly 6 years.With weight reduction and proper diet i was able to conceive a couple of years back.

Now post delivery i thought all my disorders will vanish and my periods will be on track..but no, i am back to square one.This is when i realized that pregnancy is not an end to the disorders but just a sweet and much deserved break.

So i have decieded to go on a diet which i can stick to my lifetime to get my hormones back on track and be healthy without any birth control pills/other medications.

Through this thread i request all who are trying to control/have controlled hormonal imbalances to share their daily menu and be of support to one another.

This is my menu for today.I have stopped taking white rice and snacks bought from stores.I take potato occassionally and trying to minimize the intake of dairy.

Bf 8 AM: apple
    mid morning snack 10 AM
    exercise in treadmill for 1/2 hr
    lunch 1 PM:brown rice with sambar and cabbage poriyal
    evening snack 3 PM:eek:range and pumpkin soup
    teat time 5 PM:1/2 cup of tea (reduced from 1 cup to 1/2 and still trying to get rid of this)
    dinner 8 PM:2 chapathi with dhal

2. getstrngth

getstrngth Gold IL'ite

Myself and my cousin had PCOS problem and on diet I've got my periods regular. My cousin has got two lovely kids. I've been maintaining my weight within 63-65 kgs (my height is 5'6").

First try to reduce sugar in any form. I stopped drinking milk with sugar. I used to love chocolates now I eat them very very rarely. Try to reduce cabbage. Reduce salt. It is not good for thyroid. My mom has thyroid and it got controlled. Eat whatever you want but let it be healthy. Remember to keep a calorie count. Don;t under eat which will also gain weight. Minimum 1800 calories you should eat.

Be really super active. Try to do aerobics and keep your pressing your tummy a lot. You should sweat a lot (I mean it should give a odour that is a good workout)

1 person likes this.
  3. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

@ getstrength: kind reply!!! :)

4. Megha2012

Megha2012 New IL'ite

I have been diagnosed with pcos for last 2 yrs , still on my way reducing weight and wanting to for second pregnancy my periods are also irregular.

Iam taking2 eggs in breakfast, lunch dal sabji and salad
    Dinner dal sabji salad again

Snacks like churmura bhel or fruits

I take roti or rice every alternate day in small amounts

This is helping me with weight loss , and of course excercise is a must ,I go for walk 30 minutes five days a week

Has anyone here tried Ayurvedic medicine for pcos? Also i wanted to know JGVR about how easy or difficult it was to get pregnant for you? Because for me the gynaecologist Is giving hormone tablets to reduce male hormone from my body I am in dual mind to take them or not .

If you have anything to share and guide me pls do let me know

thanks in advance

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

@getstrngth-thats amazing.can you also post your per day menu or what you generally eat so that it will be helpful for others.

6. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Megha-i reduced nearly 10 kgs and was on diet.i said no to doctor when she suggested tablets and got pregnant naturally within a span of 6 months.

7. Megha2012

Megha2012 New IL'ite

Thanks for replying

8. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

I need more inputs from people who have tamed this wild horse called PCOS.Everyday or other some thread gets opened related to these disorders.So lets share our menu and experiences and give motivation to others.