Daily Menu Updates for Pregnant Women

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by helpmeangel, Dec 16, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Nice thread you peoples are started. I would like to join in this thread.

Today MenuUpdates;

7 am - noodles
    9 am - after reaching office feel hungry then had pongal/vada with sambar
    11 am - apple
    12.30 -tomoto rice/curd rice with egg and califlower

Need to have some snacks or pomo. Since i am in office i can get food in cafeteria. if sometimes MIL lunch is not good or i am not liking na i used to have incafeteria :)

sindmani likes this.
  2. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi Buvi,

Welcome to the thread dear :) and please post regular updates!!

3. helpmeangel

hi ladies,

My yesterday menu:

9 am: fruit smoothie
    lunch: 2 pizza slices, some jalapenos,pickles,pepsi
    4 pm: orange,little coke
    dinner: rice,ladys finger gravy,beans poriyal,rasam

sindmani likes this.
  4. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Angel,

Looks like you need to change lot of junk food habits... (Coke, pepsi, pizza.. ) and not having proper breakfast..(At least have some museli kind of things.. which will give you full stomach feeling) Dont know how you are managing just with just Smoothie.. i could understand you still not started the proper pregnancy symptoms(Hunger) days..(For me Pizza is like snacks.. will start feeling hungry in 1hr..)

Lunch - Why dont you carry ready made chappatis (If you dont have time to prepare).. instead of eating these junk food..

Night dinner is perfect!

My today's menu..

BF - Idly, tomato chutney
    11 am - grapes.. and cashew nuts..(ate too much of nuts.. felt like vomitting in the afternoon but didnt come out)

12 pm - Mom told to drink Rice Kanchi (While boiling rice, a glass of water is removed when it is half cooked ) and added a little ghee and palm sugar (Panagkalkandu) to reduce heat in the stomach.. Didnt taste good b'cas its sweet.. i may need to add some salt in that next time..

2 pm : lunch - Rice, ladies finger puli kolambu, rasam, arbi/sebankelangu tomoto gravy, curd

5 pm : felt slightly vomitting sensation, so had some rasam rice..

Dinner : Rice, rasam, beans/carrot poriyal..

sindmani likes this.
  5. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Angel,

Avoid Pepsi Coke or processed food at all costs..!!:notthatway:
    Chitra is right, you need to have good breakfast,,,here also I m breaking my head cos for my ILs, BF for them means Chai Nashta (dry snacks/ Bakshanam) Luckily I have DH support and we try to have something heavy in morning...If he is there he ensures we do not have potato in our meals...

Chitra, if you are having almonds/ figs dont have it dry...soak in water and have it as it will then reduce eat

..Kanji is good idea..I could ask MIL to keep some..in my 2nd ET, i had only kanji after the process..its better than juices i guess

Since i am eating more freq, I have reduced number of chapathis in Lunch to 2 from 3 small ones..

My menu today:

1) Bfast- MIL seemed not keen to make, I was also very lethargic..just had muesli..topped it with 1-2 dates and bournvita milk
    2) mid morning- hunger pangs started, had yde's leftover khichdi (1/2 cup)..MIl says to avoid eating old food..what to do...I was super hungry..:crazy
    3) MIL went to beauty treatment ...and came back with manicure ('Kuduthuvechaval....!!")...so had to make chapathis..I might as well as made them w/out waiting for her..:drowning
    Was feeling very irritated, hungry in noon..missed my Mom's food especially rasam a lot...went into a self pity mode...
    4) eve- FIL made tea for us for a change but with loads of ginger, so couldnt have it..Had tender cocount water..and Kadalai Sundal..It was yummy
    5) Dinner- Moong Dal, Rice, curd

6. helpmeangel

hi chitra and ssm,

you guys are right. I should slowly stop these junk food and soda. I just feel I am not having enough time at all.. :( I should consciously get up at least 30 minutes before my normal waking hours and make some breakfast too. I will try to do it this week ladies!! Thanks for inspiring me!!! :)

7. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My yesterday updates:
    4.30 : Boost with milk
    6.45 - After reached home i feel more hungry my MIL did not prepare anything. then i ate 3 dosai with podi
    9.30 - Rice with Rasam

Since the quantity of milk is less i am not drinking.

Today updatesL

7 - Had 2 dosai
    9 - in office had samiya kichadi
    9.30-tender coconut and chocolates

sindmani likes this.
  8. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Wow actually nice updates.

Actually my daily routine on weekdays is just the same.

Morning: Oats Kanji for breakfast.
    Around 11: Either Walnuts/Cashew or 2 Digestive Biscuits with Milo
    Lunch: A mixed rice with curry. Today it was Capsicum Rice with Raw Banana curry
    Evening around 4: Milo with Bread toast / Apple
    Dinner: Mostly some tiffin item like Upma, Dosa, Chapathi, etc.

If I am very hungry in between, I take fruit juice. I am completing 12 weeks in a couple of days and have put on about 1 Kg so far.. People please update me on your weight gain as well..

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

My Today's menu

Bfast : Aloo Poha (MIL doesnt eat onion, garlic, hence cant make kanda/onion poha much...)
    Lunch : was quite wholesome today...Dal, 1/2 cup rice, curd, 1 plain chapthi, 1 plain methi chapathi, Bhindi dry
    Dinner: Chapathi, Cauliflower, tomato Aloo Gravy

Mathu, I m quite heavy and havent tracked my weight. I will be meeting my gynaec on 31st and probably from then onwards it will start..

although I m just completed 6 / 6.5 weeks with twins and am at home with maximum rest, I feel extremely bloated and heavy. My jeans already is become tight..

Only one good thing is since ILs are here, I am eating more of chapathis and rice items rarely, that too in limited qty.

I am sure I have already put on some good weight...:(

10. helpmeangel

hi Ladies,

My updates from yesterday:

BF: Berry smoothie
    Lunch: rice, ladys finger curry
    2.30 PM: tender coconut
    4 PM: orange
    4.30 PM: popcorn
    6 PM: complan
    Dinner: rice, aloo palak,rasam,curd,beans poriyal

I will need to change my breakfast style soon ladies!!