1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily menu plan for 1 to 2 years old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sanmithra, Jan 31, 2012.

1. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Hi

My son is 26 months old and I would say he hated food till he was 23 months old !!! He wont open his mouth at all when I try to feed him. Also he just wanted to handle the food in his hand but didnt know how to feed himself without making a mess... Infact I wasnt much worried about him making a mess ... But he got annoyed and will throw tantrum ... Trust me he was just surviving on his ( whole ) milk addiction ... I kept on trying diff methods ... Atlast he finally gave up his adamency .. But would want some diversion to have food .... Like he will play while I feed him or watch songs while I feed .... But I am ok as he was not eating anything at all ... Now he eats 3 meals and 2 snacks a day + 600 ml or more of full cream milk... I am happy as slowly i can teach him he should concentrate on eating while his meal times ... Try this and even if this doesnt works ... Just dont get upset as children will surely not starve ... They will fill their tummy some how ... All the best ...

Regards,
    Hasini

2. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread...
    got many useful tips & receipe for my little one...

but need one suggestion from u lovely moms... tht i always feel that my son is underweight...
    I always ask for this to his doc. but he used to console me saying he is fine & not to worry abt his weight...

he's just completed a yr but his weight hasn't reach in 2 digits... :(

Pls suggest me if you had face similar problem & tried out something on this matter.... would be of g8 help!

Regarding his menu, I try to give him almost everything tht i prepare for our lunch/dinner except vegatables... vegetables i give me mashed & add in his rice/khichdi...

Have one more doubt, can i give him Wheat dosa??? have read receipe for same but is it ok if we give him wheat like tht... it won't trouble him, right? i m nt sure hw baked the wheat will be.. i mean it won't be raw one which will be difficult to digest?? pls suggest....

Thanks,

3. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi djain,
    What was the weight of your son when he was born?. Kids should be 3 times more than their birth weight when they reach 1 year. If he is 3 times more then he is growing good. As long as he is active and healthy you don't have to worry. You can try all types of food after 9 months. You can very well give him wheat dosa make out of wheat flour. Mix wheat flour in water and make it in to running consistency and add salt accordingly. Then make dosa's in dosa pan by flipping both sides until it is cooked well(Keep the stove in low flame and make these dosa). In case if he has digestion problems try giving Jeera water.

4. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sanmithra,

No, he hsn't reached 3 times to his birth weight & tht's y i m more worried.
    Yeah i m giving him mostly all type of food but still in a search if there is some thing specific to weight gain...
    Also i m not giving him plain whole milk, so should I start it?

5. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi djain,
    As he started walking?. If he is active don't worry about the weight, if he is not active then consult the doctor. You can give him whole milk, but ensure you mix 3:1 ratio of milk and water.