1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily menu plan for 1 to 2 years old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sanmithra, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    I found one recipe which my daughter liked. For Dosa/Idly if she refuses to eat with chutney I prepare coconut milk with elachi and sugar added to it and dip dosa/idly in this milk and give her. She liked it :)

2. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi All moms,
    Please post any such recipes which you tried differently and was a hit with your kids. Will be helpful to other moms.

3. raji85

raji85 Junior IL'ite

My Kid is 13 M old. If she refuse to have Breakfast i will Prepare egg omelet in front of her by narrating the recipe :) . she will be tempted and eat it.

I will also have a homemade kanji powder to substitute if she skips her lunch or dinner.

Roast 1/4 cup of thur dhall and same ratio of moong dhall. Roast cup of rice (raw rice), half spoon of pepper and cumin. Grind all with asofodia powder, roasted gram,cashew and badam. she likes this kanji. This kanji always helps me :)

4. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hello everyone,

Nice tips and suggestions. i want to ask something. one of the ilites in other thread suggested me "sathu maavu kanji". i never heard of this as it is tamil word. my 20 months old is pickey eater. i wont say even picky eater. thr is no food which is his favorite. am struggling a lot. am sure he wont like this. but still i cant sit quite without giving it a try.

ok so how do u grind alomds and cashew into powder. when ever i try it becomes paste. do you dry roast first???? and tell me what are the things i can add in kanji to increase his calorie intake. hes is below the chart.

and one more thing he still takes food in semi solid form ( like upma or cerelac). even daal/rice or roti/milk. i have to mash it. if it is thick he just removes from mouth. he is so lazy to chew. what to do with him. right now i just hold his hands and pour in his mouth what ever i prepared :( but i want him to eat in solid form. even idly i mash in sambar. plz suggest some tips.

and here in US we get all the whole grains. but problem is how to grind them. can we grind wheat/ soy/corn/ or any other hard garin in mixie. did any one tried this. i brought this mixie from india. so i dont want any accidents with that.

thanks all.

5. Krithivasanth

Krithivasanth New IL'ite

6. anurachana

anurachana New IL'ite

hi surekha
    welcome for your thx sorry cudnt reply so long bcoz my kid was ill.

7. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Hi anu,
    it's ok.how is your child now?

8. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

I am also eagerly waiting to know how the moms here grind almonds,cashews and feed them to baby.
    One more thing is how to cook and give fish to my LO(22 months girl).please share your tips.

9. anurachana

anurachana New IL'ite

hi
    my child is fine now.howz ur life gng around with kids? i m always inti thinking what to give and how to give.all kids have become so picky abt their food.i tried the nuts shake.my little 1 yr liked it but as usual my 3yr old ddnt want to taste eventhen how he will like.

10. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Hi Surekha,

I Cut fish to slices and marinate it with home made curry powder thats less spicy , add few drops of lemon and salt and leave it for an hour and fry it on a pan with just drops of oil. My toddler who is 24 months old loves this. Infact if I prepare fish gravy also he likes.... I just give the health mix powder in Kanji form ... So I dont know how ladies grind almond and cashew...

regards,
    Hasini