1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily menu plan for 1 to 2 years old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sanmithra, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Madhusharmila,
    You can also make your kid do some activity in house and feed her. I allow my kid to play by giving her some kitchen vessels and feed her when she is busy playing. When she is bored of it I used to pour little water in it so that she plays with water in the vessel and I feed her. Somtimes I give her new items to play and feed her. Try this it will work out.

2. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi anurachan,
    Don't think too much of everything and be confused. Slowly your kid will adopt. Ensure that the curd is freshly prepared and it is not too sour. It is always good to grind and give nuts for young childrens. You can soal and grind or grind it as such. You adds these nuts in fruits milk shake. As mentioned earlier I used to grind non soaked almonds-2, cashew-2, fig-1, dates-2, dry grapes-6 in mixy and then add any fruit(apple/banana/papaya) and grind it again and then add some milk and grind it again. Fruits and nuts milk shake is ready. You can prepare this milk shake in thick form and feed it to your one year old child with spoon.

1 person likes this.
  3. gomz

gomz New IL'ite

Thanks sanmithra! I was actually looking for one :). I just feed my kid only when he feels like having it. But, milk he takes very little just to satisfy his hunger. I couldn't set a pattern as such. Shall give it a try...

4. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

My 15 month old DS wakes up in the night for milk and whenever he moves in the sleep , I put th bottle in his mouth and he drinks nd sleeps. Otherwise, when he is awake in morning he drinks water using sippy or glass, no milk in morning. Is it ok if I use bottle in midnite? Wat are your experiences with ur child at nite? DS sleeps with us on bed.

Also, how o y'all manage to cook for kids, my DS doesn't leave me at all so shud cook when he is asleep nd oats is easy o make so I give tat to him everyday but now he is bored nd doesn't hav it anymore. Can I cook for the previous day nd store it in fridge and reheat it to feed him, can I cook once nd save it for 3-4 days, do y'all cook fresh everyday for you lil ones.

Thanks
    Niha

5. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Klniha,
    My Daughter is 14 months old and I give her milk around 10.30 PM in night after which I give her only around 7.00 AM. No milk in between during night. But when my son was young he used to cry out of hunger and early morning between 4.00AM to 6.00 AM I use to give him milk. No problem in giving milk during night as long as they are hungry. I cook fresh daily and I don;t refirgrate ny kids food. Always fresh is best. You can give your kid milk,banana, boiled egg, bread toast, sathumavu kanji in the morning if doesn't like oats.

6. klniha

klniha Bronze IL'ite

Sanmithra, how do u manage to cook everyday fresh? Do u put them to sleep and then cook? Mine leaves me when he gets to watch tv but tats not good. Also, did u use bottle to feed ur son at nite?

7. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Hi niha,
    I will cook rice in pressure cooker for lunch/dinner of my LO.Best thing that works for me is every 3-4 days I cook sambar and store in refrigerator.Even I too used to think same is it good or bad?After watching few american nutritionist videos where baby food was cooked and stored in freezer.they were showing the home made pureed baby food enough for a whole week and how to freeze?
    for breakfast i just ate oats or cornflakes.for baby breakfast, cheerios(o-shaped) ceral soaked in warmmilk for 5 minutes.
    when you cook for yourself say lunch,try to cook rice for both mom and baby jointly in a pressure cooker.
    this will give both of us eat something without skipping eating :)
    In evening my DH cooks for us and I used to solely feed dinner(rice sambar ghee drop).
    After her feeding we both used to enjoy dinner :)
    Already mommy has to take care of n number of things of the baby on daily basis like her bath,cleaning bottles,vacuuming,wash/dry baby clothes :bonk everything single handedly.so dont feel bad.

1 person likes this.
  8. anurachana

anurachana New IL'ite

hello klniha and surekha
    regarding cooking food and keeping in freezer i want to tell tht i also read a lot about it.and its perfectly ok to do this and even better sometimes.because when you buy vegetables they are fresh but you dnt cook all in one day so day by day their nutrients get less remaining in fridge.so best way is to bring vegetable from market and wash and cut and boil the same day or if you cannnt do this same day atleast do it next day.after boiling cool them and put in blender.make paste of all mixed together(like cauliflower,brocolli,beans,carrot).and then freez them in ice tray as ice cubes.then everyday you can take out cubes you want to use and mix in daal or sambhar or rice anything.this way your vegetables will not loose nutritents and will be easier for you to give your baby balanced diet without hassle.
    i do it this way because i have got two kids very young(1yr and 3yr) so i also have no time for separate cooking.
    hope this helps

9. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends

I have a 13 month old son, I give him idli, dosa, chappathi, kitchdi, rice, rasam, curd, apple, sapota, orange in general

7.30 am BF
    8.30 - 1IDLI
    11.30- 1 or 2 milkbikis Biscuits
    1.00- Rice with dhal, rasam and 1 vegetable
    4.00- sathumaavu kanji
    6.30- any fruit 4 or 5 small pieces only he takes
    8.30- 1 dosa/1 idli/half chappathi
    9.30- bf

This is how my schedule goes. As I am a pure vegetarian we dont give him eggs.
    I just wanna know whether this is enough or should I add some more to his diet, I have not given him cows milk or anyother milk from outside, I dont know when can I introduce it to him.
    Friends tell me wat else I can give him for a good healthy diet.

10. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

Todays menu
    Idli
    1 milkbikis
    rice with dhal and rasam
    evening I am planning to give kanji
    night idli