1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily menu plan for 1 to 2 years old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Sanmithra, Jan 31, 2012.

1. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

How old is your son? Give him few drops of gripewater (woodwards is a good brand). If you are in US, mylicon is used as gas remedy. But have a word with your baby's pediatrician before giving these. Also put him in a slanting position while he sleeps. That also helps relieve gas.

2. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Magicworld,
    You can also give jeera water. This helps a lot in digestion and also try giving him warm water offen. To boiling water you can add 1/2 spoon of cumin/jeera seeds and boil for 2 mins and give that water daily.

3. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Santu,
    No reply from you?

4. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi All other moms,
    please post you daily menu.

5. anurachana

anurachana New IL'ite

hello sanmithra
    thx for your reply and suggestions.one more help i need.i am from northern region of India so i dnt knw how to make dosa.can u please tell me how to make wheat dosa tht u were suggesting? reading so many recipes and shakes and all i so much feel like making and giving to my children but seeing my son's atttitude dampens my spirits. he is underweight.he is 14kgs at 3 yrs which according to BMI is on the low side.i tried giving him banana milkshake he ddnt like.i dnt knw how to develop his interest in eating and drinking.

6. Sanmithra

Sanmithra Bronze IL'ite

Hi anurachana,
    Give your son protein rich foods like egg,pulses,meat and fish, which will help in weight gain. Wheat dosa is very easy, you just have to take some wheat flour and mix water to it in running consistency and add salt accordingly. In dosa pan pour this mix in the shape of circle, sourround it 1 spoon of oil, cook it and flip it to other side and again cook it.

7. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sanmithra,

I too face problem with my daughter while eating. She will eat nicely by watching Rhymes. Otherwise, I've to struggle and sometimes she doesn't eat. When I was in India, my mom takes her out and feeds her by showing the trees, vehicles and passers by. But, here I could not do that and have to rely on the rhymes. I too realize that as a bad practice and somehow have to get rid of that.

Best Regards,
    Sharmila

8. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kalyani,

Its a good practice, not to introduce bottle. At 14 months, my daughter had constipation problem and that was the time I stopped BF and introduced junior horlicks to her. The Paediatrician advised me to stop the bottle and give her milk or water in a glass. He also advised not to give energy drinks and give her all what we prepare at home. I followed that and now she eats all kind of food.

Best Regards,
    Sharmila

9. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Sometimes wheat dosas are so sticky that it wont come out of the pan, even if its nonstick. A small tip. Add 1/2 onion, nicely chopped and sauteed to the batter and mix well. Prepare dosa as usual. Its tasty too. When preparing for adults, you may add a pinch of chilli powder too.

10. anurachana

anurachana New IL'ite

hello sanmithra
    thx again for your help. regarding your suggestion for curd i tried to but again same problem he dnt want to try new. i have brought sprouts now will try tht and let you know.do you know about how to give almonds.i mean i have heard about not giving almonds without soaking but i see here few people suggesting to make powder of nuts(cashew,almonds,pista) and mix in food.so i m confused whether i can give almonds in powder form directly in food without soaking specially to my younger one who is 1yr old.