1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daddy Returns A serial Story by Sho Chapter 10

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by shobimanju, Dec 10, 2011.

1. shobimanju

shobimanju Bronze IL'ite

Chapter 10

I know for sure you would have voted for me. B’coz parents are like that aren’t they? So to make my dream come true I had to convince my parents to wait for my marriage. I didn’t want to get married and leave them and go away. It is our culture that till marriage daughter is under parents control and after marriage they are under their husband’s control. They are limited with their activities. Too many restrictions bondages society reforms etc; etc; I didn’t wanted any such hurdles in my life.

At least till I do some thing for my parents. I have seen him struggling to manage the huge amount for my sister’s marriage and next it would be for me, I know. But my dad had not revealed any of his struggles or difficulties with us. It was too late by the time we realized he had had done that. The way he laughed played with us I thought things were really so easy.

For all these things to happen my marriage was the first hindrance. So I had to convince them to wait. When they came to know the reason they laughed and agreed for two years. Those two years I felt I have grown up suddenly. I felt so happy and proud. I sincerely worked for it. That is when I started dreaming too. Any time I get I dreamt about that. Am I wrong dear ones?

Mean while my daddy saved each and every penny he could for my marriage. I still remember the day when he reached his first lakh of rupees. How happy he was! Three of us sat together to count it again and again. He was so happy to achieve that, there was a glow in his face. I wanted to see that glow again and again and make it permanent.. I started up with my next idea that I will go abroad and earn more and soon.

He said “ Sona dear, I will get you married very well without any haste. You are like a son to me. So bold and brilliant. I am so proud of your notion to help me and support me dear. Our society is like that that we cannot depend on daughter. We can depend only on a son for monetary support. So what ever you are earning I am gonna save it up for you. I give you all freedom for you to decide what you want to do.”

That is all, though I am like a son I am only a daughter. He was clear but I was clear too. He may not accept my money but he cannot say no to my gifts. My determination grew stronger. I am gonna do it and I will do it.

Shobana Manjunath

will continue tomorrow....

2. SujySreeram

SujySreeram Silver IL'ite

good work... :thumbsupwaiting for the next episode...

1 person likes this.
  3. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Interesting..............))))))))

Shanti

1 person likes this.