Cycle Day 14. Having Pcod Stopped Birth Control Pills Last Cycle. Advice Needed.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by gayu031287, May 13, 2016.

1. gayu031287

gayu031287 Senior IL'ite

Hi dear ladies

I am having PCOD and Thyroid. I was put on Birth control pills named Novelon for three months as I was having irregular periods and my harmones were very imbalanced.

After my last periods on 30th April I have stopped taking the pills now as I want to conceive.

Today is my Cycle day 14 and generally I heard that to actively try for baby u need to do sex from cycle day 9 itself.. I could not do sex due to personal problems and less time in past 5 days..
    Are there still chances that I could ovulate in further days and plan my intercourse accordingly or do you think I would have already ovulated and there are less chances of conception now..

I have been noting my cervical mucus.. I didn't have any egg white kind of mucus yet but on cycle day 10 I had white discharge don't know what was it... Today on cycle day 14 I tested with Ovulation kit and it was negative.

My question is should I check ovulation in future days as well and are there chances that I can still become pregnant or I have lost chances because I have already crossed my 9 to 14 days without sex..

2. Shri211

Shri211 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

You can still ovulate later..not all women ovulate on Day 14.. If you have longer cycles you could be ovulating late..it's just that 12-14 days after you ovulate you get your period...so you still have very bright chances of ovulating later this month...& moreover as you said you have been monitoring your cervical mucus,so chances are that you haven't ovulated yet and this could be your month :)

All the best with your TTC journey :)

gayu031287 likes this.
  3. gayu031287

gayu031287 Senior IL'ite

Thank you for replying and giving hopes dear.. Let's see what happens this month..

Shri211 likes this.
  4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If you have stopped your BCP in the last cycle, it might take sometime to come to normal self. Don't push yourself very hard for 3 months. Try to monitor your ovulation and plan to have IC accordingly.
    Ovulation date/time depends on your cycle length. Generally last 12-14 days are luteal phase and before that ovulation happens and you are fertile by then. Keep all these things in mind and plan.

Baby dust to you.

Agony likes this.
  5. gayu031287

gayu031287 Senior IL'ite

Thanks fr replying ... We r trying from past 1 year including harmonal treatments that is why desperate... We cannot wait for some more time now...

6. Jyo17

Jyo17 Bronze IL'ite

Hi @gayu031287

I too have PCOS since 3 years. I am married for 11 months now, but I am 5 months pregnant.

I never took any birth control tablets etc. I just followed a strict diet and did a lot of exercise so as to reduce weight and maintain it.

I would suggest you the same. PCOS/PCOD you exactly don't know when you ovulate. Good that you have an Ovulation kit and also you keep a track on your cervical mucus etc. But I would just say, stay cool. Depression also delays getting pregnant.

you might stick to the 9th to 16th day pattern. You might also ovulate till 17th day of your cycle. Never lose hopes, and don't always be thinking about this. Enjoy the sex.

Healthy Diet and Exercise would do wonders. Good luck dear.

Vasumathy likes this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I understand your desperate attempt to get success in TTC.
    But stress and tension won't help you in this. Try to be positive but stress free. Eat good and stay healthy!
    Figure out good doc around your place and proceed with treatments. Hope soon you will hold your Lo!
    Baby dust to you.