Cut off age for lkg in cbse schools in abudhabi

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by alokgowda, Aug 7, 2011.

1. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

hai all,
    i am new to abu dhabi, i need ur help ladies
    1. my son is feb2009 born he will me 3yrs and 2months for next academic yrs admissions, just wanted to know whether to send him to lkg in 2012, or 2013
    is three yrs too young for lkg
    2. if i plan to send him in 2013, he will be 4yrs and 2months, i came to know
    cbse schools in abudhabi do not take children who are 4plus for lkg is it true
    plz tell me whether children who are 4plus get admissions in lkg here
    what is the cut off age of lkg, most of the schools website says 3-4 plz help me
    can u name few schools which take 4plus for lkg

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi,alok ur son is exactly in the age for kg1. hope you know the best schools close their admissions before november. even iam trying fr my younger son who is of the same age group for kg1 in bharatiya vidya (mussafa) as most of the indian schools located in villas will be shifted to mussafa next year.only some nursey and kindergardens do take children at4+ but age difference will be a bar i when u shift him fr grade 1to any good school

3. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

thankyou for your reply
    and also letting me know about the admissions in november
    may i know ur sons dob, is he attending any nursery?
    will the kid me able to manage if i put him in lkg at 3yrs2months?
    i am planning to go back to banglore after 3yrs but in banglore the cut oof
    age for lkg is 3yrs and 10months as of june in most cbse schools
    what about ick school and there age limit?

4. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

hi,my son is nov'08 we didnot get admission for him in any nursery as he was 20 days back of their required age level. but schools they are ready to give admission for kg1 for3to4yrs.you are really worrying alot abut yr kids capacity frankly tell u my kid can say, recognise andread ever alphabet bothcapital and small ,recites 32poems and songs say numbers upto100 without a stop, started with arabic alphabets .my house looks like areal mess of all english and arabic alphabets hanging around.so dont worry every child has more than this capacity.urs one too.heard ick is agood nursery but no more idea abt it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  5. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

ur rite, i was worried as the syllabus is vast, even my son says atoz, rhymes and numbers, does your son write? can u tell me what are the schools ur trying for, apart from brathiya vidayalaya, can u plz post a thread if u know about the application issue, i will also let you know if i come to know, i am requesting u bocs it is just 5months back we came to abu dhabi, i heard it is very difficult to get admissions her how did u manage for ur fist child?

6. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

just started with writing part. i preferd bharatiya vidya as its one of the few school providing good text and extra cocaricular acitivities ,.......,st joseph also does but it has only till grade6for boys,many of the good indians schools were shifted to "o"level(british syllubus)this yr. i got adm(kg2) for my elder one in a near by school to ur villa but fact is he get fussed up as thesevilla based schools dont have any extra activities than thus parrot learning.(he is just going through the same portion what he did fr kg1 ina cbse school in bombay.)so seeking adm.fr both . abudhabi indian school follows lotory system.

7. Ruhaanee

Ruhaanee Senior IL'ite

I had checked with the registrar of Our Own school and she had confirmed to me that there is no upper age limit for LKG admissions, infact she said it is upto the parents if they want to admit their child at 3+ or 4+, during the admissions at Abu Dhabi Indian School I had met one parent who had admitted her child at 4+ to LKG in Abu Dhabi Indian School. So it is upto you to decide what's best for your child.

In India now most state boards and CBSE are encouraging parents to admit their child to LKG at 4+, in fact some state boards are not accepting children less than 4 for LKG admissions.

Hope this info helps

Regards

8. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

thank you ruhaanee
    for ur reply, ur rite even i called Our Own school, they gave the same reply, but it is not the same with other shcools like ick, st josephs, and even Abu Dhabi Indian School do not take children who are 4+ for lkg, our own school, and EFIA are the only schools which are ok with 4+ KIDS for lkg
    also as i am new to this place can u plz tell me when the applications are being issued for coming academic year
    thank you

9. parusabari

parusabari Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Please check the school websites in the month of December. Before the schools close for the Winter Holidays(3rd week of December to First Week of January) the forms are issued. Mostly the forms are to be filled online and a registration no. is given. When admissions are confirmed, a notification email or sms is also sent by the schools.

Parvathi.

10. Ruhaanee

Ruhaanee Senior IL'ite

I think it is better to go and check in person because when I telephoned abu dhabi indian school they said that they will admit 4+ kids to LKG.

December is the time when most schools will finalise their admissions.