Current Sq Ft rates at chennai

Discussion in 'Housing' started by MeenLoch, Sep 1, 2007.

1. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Thanks for your valuable information. This informations are very useful for me.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sangeetha,

you are welcome, do come back with your options, selections, builders, we can discuss them thoroughly..all the best :cheers

3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi Shanthi madam,
    I'm amazed by your response in this thread.
    I'm planning to invest on a residential land in Chennai.
    I looked into Chengalpattu area and right now they say the cost is 650rs/square feet.And there are plots in Tambaram I'm not sure about the exact location but heard its closer to KishKintha and cost about 750rs/square feet.I'm not sure which area to look for .Please provide your feedback.
    Thanks
    Mangai

4. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

hi Shanvy,
    How are you doing?

I've been cool on seeing homes as busy with other stuff.
    Saw an ad of ETA star at Padur (OMR).
    Would you have any idea how is the area, well-developed, or developing?
    Water, schools, etc.
    Have you heard of ETA STar, how are their apts?
    Appreciate any info as usual.
    regards,
    hasita

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Mangaii..

She is such an awesome person. I benefited a lot with her posts :). I felt even if I were there, I wouldn't have gathered so much information as her. And her attitude to make sure the person gets all information as much as possible, I love it.

Hats off to you Shan !!! You are simply great !!

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi mangai,

thanks dear. will give you a detail perspective in a day or two. a little tied up.
    and also am trying to write something pertaining to purchasing land, after seeing an article in the hindu property plus today, i had mentioned some thumb rules for purchasing land before, but now that looks insufficient,so will be back with more details by next week..

please do bare with me.

7. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Hi Shanthi madam,
    No problem.
    Take your time.I'm planning to visit Chennai during december timeframe so I have lot of time to decide.
    I appreciate your input.
    Thanks
    Mangai

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

I am attaching the map of chennai -map courtesy wikimedia a revised one, look at the area that is covered as chennai...and also the roads, the inner ring, the outer ring road.

now based on this, and also some other news item that has been released in the last one week, we can look in detail the areas...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  9. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Dear Hasitha,

Padur is a village situated far off from Chennai City limits in particular fromTiruvanmiyur, It is only a village
    Lot of hutments and old type village houses (Sorugu oodu) and situated in that village. 'Lot of real estate brokers and big construction companies like ETA, Gokuldas etx. are having an eye in that village. Both
    the parties are negotiating with the innocent, illetrate village people for money and brain wash them and
    finalise that particular property. Likewise only they are acquiring lot of areas in that village.

Because of this the innocent villagers will get few lakhs for their property whereas the brokers and property
    developers will get several course of money out of this transaction. On top of it the property developers
    draw a plan and get the same approved by the concerned authotrities to construct apartments in that
    huge property and sell it to the public for huge money. In those areas they are charging minimum Rs.4,500/ per sft. with all amenities like swimming pool, park, Gym, etc. After sales they promise that
    they will maintain all that apartments for one or two years but they do not stick on to their words.

Instead we can directly by a land or an old house at our chocie without brokers for cheaper rate.
    We can construct a big house according to our taste. But we can not live in that place atleast for
    five to ten years.as the area will take lot of time to develop and If you want to rent out to some one also you will get lower amount as rent. After sometime the tenant will claim that house.as his own.

This is the situation prevailing all most in all the places in Chennai city and suburbs. It is upto you
    to deside in this matter. But there are also very few people who will not cheat anybody.

Regards
    Lalithavennkat

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hasita,

I thought you had zeroed in on something by now. but your priority was the area..what happened to north chennai. Padur, omr is buzzing with activities. you have all the big people there.lot of builders..school you have to come (Ponvidhyashram, gateway and all these schools ) that are not too nearby.

Though as lalitha says in her fb, the padur village is still undisturbed. but here the builders are zooming on padur -omr...which has HIET engineering college, Mohammed Sathak, there are lot of IT companies on the stretch
    check this link i have posted for the area padur...
    Project Padur
    just zoom in and out of the marked places..there are construction beyond TVH ouranya bay, xs realities are coming with a project there, there is purvakankara's swan lake and victoria's opaline,not to forget Askhayas Adair, Adora......on the same road...

ETA Rosedale not sure of the exact location, but i assume it could be in the pocket near to the ETA IT park.

I am not sure about the reputation as a builder, but they are present in Dubai, bangalore and now they are into chennai. and rosedale inaugral offer was 3000rs. in may 2008.

Padur as such is developing...but there is lot to come....but with lot of engineering and educational institutions in the stretch and the it companies also there...it is a good bet but depends on the location, the area, the carpet area, the amenities etc.....