1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Creamy, Dreamy, Tsunami

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Jun 10, 2016.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Creamy, Dreamy, Tsunami

A Japanese to ride, an American or a Korean in hand, a twisted Indian tongue (mother & English waging an everlasting war – the English left the land but occupied the tongue), attire a combo of many and at times ethnic for culture driven class on occasions.

A typical younger generation these days and inspiring the middle aged and the aged alike, never the grownups can complain anymore nor advise the growing youngsters.

Culture shock is a thing of the past; living the present at any cost seems the way for the rosy future.

Knowledge is power who says so, still? Like physiotherapy for the body, “mug”otherapy is for the ranks and grades. There isn’t an opportunity to test the knowledge gained, in the first place is knowledge being imparted?

Hobbies??? Are there any??? Selfies turned the possessed hobby of the masses. Name & fame giving reality show business models have invaded and robbed the innocence from childhood and the childhood in entirety with beaming parents in ecstasy to cast a castle of their own at the cost of their child.

Online for the world, a pillar of support virtually and Offline for those that look around physically – the outcast who look for these, these days.

Not against the changes, am I? Grow up man grow up. Adapt the environment and you are the true environmentalist.

Take your time but just remember to spend a fraction of your time, out in the moonlit terrace alone without any gadgets in hand, then there are chances you might realize what a transformation we have undergone!!!

Not that many haven’t realized that but are really unable to make the right changes. There isn’t anybody really to guide, all those (mostly) that claim that they show you the way to peace are really making a piece of their fortune leaving you in pieces.

Philosophical it might sound - these thoughts. I hurry to pick my gadget to keep these thoughts away, escapism is the need of the hour. Or else these would ruin my so called luxurious lifestyle. There isn’t really time for these, shall think about it when I age and survive to live.

A creamy, dreamy life heading to a tsunami…

maggi32, periamma, Arunarc and 5 others like this.

2. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

GoogleGlass,

You said it! I have been observing people around me and thought of the same. None of them (that includes myself) has the time or presence of mind to endure what the nature has blessed us with. Look around we have a beautiful world around us!

Nice post!

GoogleGlass likes this.
  3. GoogleGlass

thank you meril, sadly it is true.

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Yes true its the current lifestyle for many. Maybe I dont belong to this category. Lucky to be surrounded by nature its hard to miss the beauty around. Will definitely capture the beauty without a selfie though ....

GoogleGlass likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Googleglass,
    If you say knowledge is power, I say ignorance is bliss. Those who do not know to handle the sophisticated modern gadgets like me are really blessed. Though I have learned to use iPad I am still a duns in handling a smart phone.
    I do enjoy observing nature and whenever I get a chance I enjoy it thoroughly.
    I believe gadgets should be used sparingly and we should not get addicted to them.

ashima10 and GoogleGlass like this.
  6. GoogleGlass

lucky you are for retaining the nature around and to enjoy within...

jskls likes this.
  7. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

This is the reality of the Gen Z .
    Nature is the picture on the screen.
    Like @PushpavalliSrinivasan I am mobile challenged but have been thrust one. My husband sticks to his older model tenaciously. But literally we are the dying breed.
    My grandson's school/ tuition assignments are on phone as well as a lot of his homework!
    It is a brave new world out there!

GoogleGlass likes this.
  8. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Modern gadgets Tsunami has wiped our originality

GoogleGlass likes this.
  9. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

It is interesting. The other day I was waiting in the parking lot for a friend who had gone to the store to pickup groceries. There was car parked facing mine with the Indian couple sitting in the front seats. Both were busy on their respective mobiles. I must have waited for around 15 mins and both were still busy with their mobiles.

GoogleGlass likes this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame