1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Craft Works : Metal Embossing

Discussion in 'Creative Crafts' started by Umesh Prasad, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad Silver IL'ite

Hi Viji,

I think you may be able to view it now.

Umesh

2. Umesh Prasad

Viji

To answer your queries regarding the bookmarks, i have trimmed the corners with scissors to get a rounded shape. These are the pasted on a cardboard which is then laminated. Please refer the pics of the finished bookmarks.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. Umesh Prasad

Hi all,

This is the first of a series of instructional diagrams about metal embossing that I have prepared. I will instruct as we go along. Meanwhile get the materials ready.

Thanx

Umesh

4. Umesh Prasad

Hi all,

This is the first of a series of instructional diagrams about metal embossing that I have prepared. I will instruct as we go along. Meanwhile get the materials ready.

(sorry, I forgot to upload the image last time)

Thanx

Umesh

Attached Files:

5. Umesh Prasad

I will be uploading the line drawing for the first exercise shortly. It would be better if all could do the same artwork so that one will be able to learn from the good and mistakes if any that are committed in the course of embossing.

This is not a battlefield, so there are no 'winners' and 'losers' here. This is an online classroom. Therefore feel free to show me the progress of your work from time to time so that I can instruct by looking at the pics.

It will be important to have a Digital Camera or otherwise you can get the image scanned and upload it here.

Thanx

6. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi Umesh,
    You are great. Wonderful , nice and detiled explanations of the embossing. Thanks a zillion for the online class in this Art. We all are going to learn this art from a great teacher, Artist.:bowdown:bowdown
    Thanks again for sharing.
    vk

7. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

hi Umesh,
    I am deeply grateful :bowdown to you for your detailed explanations. I will also try to follow you as you progress by doing the "homework" regularly.
    yesterday inspired by your works and advice, I "tried" to make a fish ....:hide:, but didn't know how to finish it. Your expert (critical) comments are very much welcome. :welcome
    vidya

Attached Files:

8. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

Hi umesh avre,

thanks for the clear pics n tutorials...im ready with the materials..went nervous by seeing them :hide:....im very new to them.... i was wondering wht to do with them......sure vl definitely follow ur tutorias...
    thanks again..

9. jyothinookula

jyothinookula New IL'ite

sure..i am getting the materials rite away!

10. Umesh Prasad

Hi Vidu,

I see you have made substantial progress in your embossing in terms of sharpness of edges as well as depth of embossing. Excellent. Keep it up. But as you go along you will have to keep on improving on the fineness of your embossing (which will come with practice). Good job.

BTW what colors have you used to get the copper shade. Glass colors or acrylic?