Covering Pujaghar ??auspicious

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by Vru, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Vru

Vru New IL'ite

Hi everyone!
    I am a new member but an avid follower of this site and really value your opinions.
    I started for Canada along with my parents to stay with me and my siblings for a few months in June this year On the day of travel I advised my mother to cover our marble pujaghar with a some saree as a cover as we were going to be away for a few months. Also we had asked one of our distant relative to stay in the house and he was going to be using the kitchen occasionally.
    Since we have come to Canada there have been numerous fights within various family members and absolute no peace within the family lot of stress and tensions.
    My question is did we do wrong in covering the pujaghar ? Are these problems related to this action in any way.
    I would be grateful for any further insight.
    Thanks!!

2. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

Do not worry about this. They are not related at all, according to me.
    God only knows to love his children and to keep them happy, come what may.
    God is God for a reason - he wont hold grudges and cause troubles to his kids just because they tried to keep his place clean from dust and dirt.
    He understands. He wont take revenge.
    The misunderstandings are due to mishandling of situations, human egos and human communication problems. God does not do such things.

3. Vru

Vru New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.. feels reassuring.
    I am also worried about a few things.
    There are 2 shivling ( small marble) in the poojaghar and few photos of shivling. The silver idol of manglagaur ( mine) is also in the pujaghar.
    Should we keep them? We do regular pooja but not a proper ritual one for Shivji. I read on this site that we should not keep shivling at home.

4. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Sorry OP. Am not the right person to answer this. Let's see what the other ladies have to say.