Covering gray hair - Vanity or a Need of the Times?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Rihana, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very well put.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I love colors, highlights and lowlights! Is it vain to have started on all three even when I didn't have any greys? I just wanted to look "trendy". I get a ton of compliments from my DD's friends on the rare occasions that I visit school.
    Oh and now I do need to go and get retouches done every now and again. I've started greying and it definitely doesn't look good with the highlights.

Btw, I've tried home coloring but I hate what I end up with. I can never get the right color for my dull lackluster skin tone and most colors I see aren't made for the Indian skin colors. The stylists know to mix colors and get something done that suits your skin tone and style. I can never mix and get it right, I've given up on that front.

Rihana likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations @Rihana Madam ji........:beer-toast1:
    Nice thread from the queen of interesting threads!!!

Sometime back I was at the airport...as usual early and waiting for boarding to start.
    Suddenly I saw these two guys indulging in loud reunion the way only guys can do.A lot of hugging and back patting with"oye yaar" thrown in the mix.

One of them was in a pilot's uniform with salt and pepper hair ...probably in his mid forties.The other looked a bit younger,dressed in smart trousers and shirt and he had a head full of thick black hair .

The salt and pepper pilot looked at the other guys and said something like "oye yaar,you have maintained yourself well...you still look so young".
    The other guy replied with a sheepish grin "nahi yaar,I colour my hair .In our IT field,we can't afford to look old."
    The pilot ran his hair through his salt and pepper hair and said"This works for me.Looking older and experienced helps in my field".

So I guess...for a lot of people ,it is professional requirement too.

As for me....I have tried from light brown ,Burgundy ,reddish brown to chocolate browns .I get it done once a year in the salon and retouch at home .My daughters are a great help.

I told my elder daughter...if I ever die and my roots are showing,you better colour them .
    She said,"what!!!:eek: even if you are 90 years old?"
    I said,"yes:rolleyes: even if I am a 100 years old":p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    KashmirFlower and dc24 like this.